iCam Pro Help
Getting Started |
Motion & Sound Detection |
iCam Pro Cloud |
Advanced Settings |
Proxy Support |
« Back to Support
[ Using iCamSource Pro for Mac or Windows | Using iCamSource Pro Mobile for iOS ]
is the mobile application for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad) and Android devices that allows you to view your computer webcams or network IP cameras over the Internet.
The iCamSource Pro
is the free computer application that streams your webcams and network IP cameras to iCam Pro.
The iCamSource Pro
also monitors the video and audio streams to record Events and send Notifications to iCam Pro whenever motion or sound are detected.
The first step is to download
the iCamSource Pro application to your computer and the iCam Pro app to your iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad) or Android device.
The iCamSource Pro allows you to add up to 16 webcams or network IP cameras from a single computer, although your computer's hardware limitations (USB bus, CPU, memory) may further limit that number.
Using iCamSource Pro Mobile for iOS? Click here!
USB / Firewire / Built-In Cameras
For USB, FireWire, or Built-In webcams (cameras that are connected directly to your computer), you should be able to make your choice from the Audio and Video drop-down lists underneath the USB / FireWire / Built-In
tab. If your webcam natively supports widescreen video, you will also be able to optionally select the Widescreen
video option to capture and send widescreen video to iCam Pro.
Ethernet / Wi-Fi Cameras
If you are using a stand-alone network IP camera that connects directly to your network via WiFi or Ethernet cable, choose the Ethernet / Wi-Fi
tab instead. The iCamSource Pro is compatible with network IP cameras that support JPEG or MJPEG (Motion JPEG) video streaming. DVRs or cameras that support h.264 or MPEG-4 video are not compatible. To connect the iCamSource Pro to your network IP camera, enter either your camera's MJPEG or JPEG URL
, or the URL that you use to connect to your camera using your web browser, and the iCamSource Pro will attempt to detect the correct URL for your camera.
iCam Pro Login and Password
The next step is to enter an iCam Pro Login
combination of your choice into the iCamSource Pro and click the Start
button. You do not need to register or create an account, but we do suggest that you choose a combination not too easily guessed.
Once you have clicked the Start button you should see your camera's preview video in the iCamSource Pro Preferences window. If not, please refer to the iCamSource Pro Troubleshooting
The final steps are to enter the same iCam Pro Login
combination into the iCam Pro Options screen, and tap the Done
button. iCam Pro should then connect to your iCamSource Pro, but if not, please refer to the iCam Pro Troubleshooting
iCam Pro Store
iCam Pro Service
iCam Pro is free to download from the App Store, and includes the ability to connect to cameras on the same local network. Purchasing the iCam Pro Service
is required to connect to your cameras from outside of your local network and to receive notifications when motion or sound are detected. The iCam Pro Service is available either as a US$9.99 one-time purchase, or as a low-cost US$0.99 monthly subscription.
Private Proxy Data
For more information on Private Proxy Data
, please review the Proxy Support
section of the iCam Pro Help pages.
iCam Pro and the iCamSource Pro utilize industry standard 256-bit AES
iCam Pro supports Pan-Tilt control for select
webcams and network IP cameras. To control your camera, simply swipe the zoomed-in camera view in the direction (up, down, left, right) you want your camera view to move.
iCam Pro allows the user to manually Start / Stop the remote video recording by tapping the red Record button when viewing a zoomed-in camera. The iCamSource Pro can also be configured to automatically Start recording whenever Motion or Sound are detected
Talk Back Support
iCam Pro now lets the user press-and-hold the white Microphone button when zoomed-in on a camera to talk back to the
running the iCamSource Pro. Talk Back Support is currently only available on iOS.
- iCam Pro will receive live audio from the iCamSource Pro when zoomed-in on a camera if the Audio switch is turned on.
- When only connecting to a single camera, enabling the Auto-Zoom option will cause iCam Pro to automatically zoom-in on that camera when it initially connects.
- Enabling the Auto-Lock Override option will prevent the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Android device from turning off the screen and going into Standby mode while iCam Pro is running.
- The Display Cam Info option displays the iCamSource Pro description overlay in the thumbnail view.
© 2017 SKJM, LLC
- If the High Resolution setting is disabled, the iCamSource Pro will use a lower resolution in the Detection recordings and the real-time video sent to iCam Pro. Doing so will lower iCamSource Pro's bandwidth and storage usage, but it will also lower the overall video quality.
- If you are connecting to more than one camera and would like the thumbnail order to be the same every time you connect, you can specify the sort order by selecting a different Thumbnail Sort Order Index for each camera.