Author Topic: Icamsource keeps crashing on multiple Macs  (Read 15585 times)

chrisp1211

• View Profile
Icamsource keeps crashing on multiple Macs
« on: December 06, 2013, 10:36:52 PM »
Since Mavericks install, using iPad/iphone for 2 plus minutes to connect to iMac/Macbook icamsource crashes.
All updates done including clean mavericks install to rectify problem. No luck. Source literally crashes and disappears from the top bar.
Any info would be appreciated.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Icamsource keeps crashing on multiple Macs
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:17:39 AM »
Does the iCamSource crash as soon as you launch it, after you click "Start" or after it has been running for a while?

chrisp1211

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »
Icamsource will stay running as long as you don't access it via a iOS device. Also connecting via web interface will cause icamsource to crash.

So running for a while is the answer 

C.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 07:52:30 AM »
If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in: /Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log   or in: /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

Since you are running Lion+: it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you’re holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log. The crash logs should be there.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

chrisp1211

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:37:56 PM »
Sent :)

Sandbag2@att.net

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 12:41:44 PM »
I get the same behavior but to me it's just quiting for no reason. I get no crash logs. If I'm away from home I have to use LogMeIn to restart iCam Source on the Mac.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 09:32:45 PM »
What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error? Are you having problems connecting when your phone is connected via 3G, WiFi, or both?

I would suggest closing the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

If you are running Lion+ it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you’re holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.

UncleGeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 11:32:32 PM »
Me too.  Crash dumps sent in to support site.  Multiple times, one iMac 27" Lion 10.7.5.  "Caught" it today.  Opened connection, attempted to check camera #1, endless connect, next attempt, "Unavailable".

artwindows

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 07:46:23 AM »
So glad I found others having the same problem. I think it's since the last update, which happened to be around the time I put Mavericks on my iMac, I can't use it anymore. iPhone always says " no sources available" or something like that. When I check my iMac when I get home, it had quit. This happens every time. Unable to view it from anywhere except maybe the iMac itself. I'll check that and try to see when it crashes.  I reopen iCam source but later when I leave. The house and check it, it's always off again.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 09:02:47 AM »
UncleGeorge, we have not received any crash log reports via e-mail within the past few days. Did you send them to support@skjm.com?

Have you both (UncleGeorge and artwindows) tried resetting your iCamSource settings by closing the iCamSource, deleting the com.skjm.icamsource.plist file as directed above, restarting your computer, and re-lauching the iCamSource?

Starting with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you have to restart your computer after deleting the plist file to truly reset the settings.

If the iCamSource is still crashing and resetting its settings, please send any crash logs to support@skjm.com, and reference this forum post in your e-mail.

artwindows

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 10:56:05 AM »
I haven't done either of these. I'll try that today and get back to you!  Thanks.

geezfools

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 09:31:10 AM »
no problems on my late iMac with mavericks, thankfully....

turbs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
I'm having the same issue. I deleted the plist files and restarted the mac. It worked fine for a little while and then quit. Same thing again this morning.

artwindows

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »
I deleted the list and restarted but also had to unplug the cameras and restart them it seems, and then all worked!
1 Foscam 1 linksys and 2 macs.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 09:05:32 AM »
turbs if the iCamSource is still crashing, please send any crash logs to support@skjm.com, and reference this forum post in your e-mail.