Author Topic: Cant get video after switching to android.  (Read 2970 times)

elemnt360z

• View Profile
Cant get video after switching to android.
« on: July 08, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
I had this program for quite some time on my iphone 4/5 with verizon. So I bought it again when I recently switched to a galaxy s5 on t mobiles network and I am no longer able to use this over 4gLTE only wifi. I went to the help section and read about making sure the android thing is check marked, did that. It still didnt work. I also read instructions about downloading the registry key and trying to configure my router. My router has upnp enabled for the auto config but still did nothing with it enabled on both the program and router.  Then I  triggered the ports manually and set manually configure in the program to  12000-12005 (still unsure if i did that right) cause I only put one line and set the range 12000-12005, not sure if that needs more. But I am able to get motion detection alerts now that ive made some changes! But can you please help me out, I love this program and dont want to use anything else!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cant get video after switching to android.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:51:57 PM »
Since you’ve already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer’s web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send a screenshot of your router’s port forwarding configuration, to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings. Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

elemnt360z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »
It said it was blocked but here is my screen shot
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:25:19 PM by elemnt360z »

elemnt360z

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »
heres another incase thats hard to see
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:25:34 PM by elemnt360z »

elemnt360z

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »
192.168.1.6 I used IP config to make sure the .6 was my computer. I also tried to port trigger so I wouldnt have to assign an IP address to the device but that had no luck either
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:24:40 PM by elemnt360z »

elemnt360z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 08:44:02 PM »
Ok i now eliminated my router. Making sure upnp was enabled, it said it was successful with auto config, but i still cant see the webcam. I also made sure windows fire wall had icam in it as an exception, i dont know what else to do.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 01:55:04 PM »
elemnt360z is receiving support via email.