Author Topic: icam source 2.1.1 problem  (Read 9703 times)

williamsww

• View Profile
Re: icam source 2.1.1 problem
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 11:48:51 AM »
after using the registry file my iCam 2.1 works but the cameras attached will not start.

What am i missing?

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »
This new version uses the registry more than the last version, so it's possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state. 

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry.  You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.
Yes this got it to run on Windows XP.

sung79hoon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 02:47:39 PM »
I downloaded the file: CleaniCamKey
I re-entered all of my settings but I stll have the same problem. Please fix this. 2 letters long password is too short. It's not safe.

fwpiii

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 03:25:06 PM »
I ran the registry edit and restarted the program, did have to re-enter my settings but it seems to be working correctly now. will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the quick turnaround :)

fwpiii

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 03:26:54 PM »
Just some add'l info, I was able to use my original 8 char password w/o problems, I just used the same settings.
I'm running Win7 Home Premium, 6gb memory, 64 bitOS

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
sung79hoon - The registry cleaning does seem to be working for other users. Both the iCam Login and Password are case-sensitive, so be sure that the cases match on both iCam and the iCamSource.

Are you completely closing the iCamSource before running the registry cleaner? If the iCamSource is still open you may experience unexpected results.

dolled

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
This new version uses the registry more than the last version, so it's possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state. 

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry.  You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

Well... After resetting password and trying with different usr/pwd, I finally got it working, but there seem to be a problem with the passwords. I think it has to do with the length of the passwords used....

Oh well... I'm in :)

Could you please make an option for 24H clock for us in europe as we do not use AM/PM....

Thanks,
Dolfren