Author Topic: Linksys WVC54GCA  (Read 2391 times)

rosner

• View Profile
Linksys WVC54GCA
« on: September 15, 2010, 10:51:46 AM »
Hello,

I just bought a Linksys WVC54GCA which works perfectly with iCamSource 2.0.3. I just was wondering about 2 things:

1. Does putting the frame rate up from 10 > 30 frames mean it will only be more fluid or will "record motion events" then also take more place on my hard drive?

2. Has anyone has issues with the microphone of that Linksys webcam? Doesn't seem to work although the microphone is enabled in the settings!

Looking forward to feedback   :-)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Linksys WVC54GCA
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
1) I believe icamsource will limit the amount of space on your hard drive occupied by the recorded motion events. I don't know exactly how often icamsource captures images, but it is nowhere near 10-20 frames per second. Maybe 1 or 2 frames per second are captured.

2) Make sure you have the newest version of icamsource (2.1.1 was just released today to fix an audio problem). Then make sure that the microphone is turned up in Windows. Also make sure that the volume is turned up in the iCam app on your iPhone while viewing the camera's feed.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:59:17 PM by OUAnthony »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »
Upping the framerate to 30 frames will probably only increase your computer's CPU usage.  It won't increase the framerate on the iPhone.

If you're referring to audio in iCam, remember that iCam has video-only (no audio) support for IP cameras.

rosner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 12:53:46 PM »
Hi and thanks for the reply.

So now I understand why after getting to 500MB he deletes the oldest files to replace them with the newest....but as I see I can adjust that to the amount of space I want. Did I get that right with the automatic deleting?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 10:21:16 PM »
Yes, when the storage limit is reached, the oldest motion event recordings are deleted to make space for the new recordings.