Author Topic: Icamsource/ Wansview compatiblitiy?  (Read 5440 times)

spychar

• View Profile
Icamsource/ Wansview compatiblitiy?
« on: December 29, 2012, 11:24:11 PM »
Whats up, I just purchased a Wansview NC541W Wireless IP Camera.  The website says it features mjpeg formats and when I test my lan address via the probe funtion on at skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php i can see movings picture for xx.xxx.xxx.x:xxx/video.cgi as well as videostream.cgi.  When i put thes addresses into icamsource it connects to the server but i get no picture and a "cannot find audio data" error message.  Any ideas?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Icamsource/ Wansview compatiblitiy?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 07:05:48 AM »
Did you see if there were any other URLs that provided images for your camera? Most cameras have 2 or more URLs that will work with them. It sounds like it's trying to find an audio feed, which I don't think iCam supports for the Wansview (although I haven't looked at the compatibility list recently). You might check out that compatibility list as far as IP camera audio goes and try a different URL. Also, are you sure you typed the username/password for the camera correctly in icamsource? I doubt that's the issue, though.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:10:33 AM »
Also, try this link (in addition to the other one) to find a URL to use:

http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg.php

spychar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 05:10:09 PM »
It seems like everything is fine on this end.  My camera is sending videostream.cgi (which is mjpeg) and if i just type in my IP:PORT/videostream.cgi into my browser i get the video stream.  If i do this with icamsource it tells me it cannot find jpeg data.  Ive selected mjpeg and typed in my correct user name and password.  I don't see where the issue lies

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
Sorry, I didn't notice that you tried 2 different URLs. Did the iCam URL tester recommend that you include the port in the URL? Have you tried it without the port? I'm thinking one port would only transfer video or audio, and not both...although I'm not positive about that. Definitely worth the 2 seconds to try it. Despite my many posts on the forums, I do not work for/represent SKJM...so I'm sure they'll chime in if this doesn't work.

spychar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 07:34:05 PM »
Yea, here's the deal : I bought it on Amazon.com and they said it was from Wansview.  After looking at the unit i realized that Wansview was not on the camera, box, or software so i'm guessing I received a generic ripoff.  Basically I'm gonna return this and get a foscam.  It seems the foscams are working with this software.  It's the same camera I believe but maybe this generic brand was missing something.... Anyone tried a foscam?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 12:50:01 AM »
I use a LOFTEK, which is a generic FOSCAM ripoff...and it works great (including pan/tilt and audio). There are quite a few users on here who use FOSCAM cameras. Did you try it without the port specified in the URL???? It's hard to help when you don't answer questions. For my LOFTEK, this is what I use:

http://x.x.x.x/video.cgi   (where x.x.x.x = the camera's IP address...and note that my URL doesn't include the port)