Author Topic: Data usage + Automation  (Read 1941 times)

jer_berlin

• View Profile
Data usage + Automation
« on: November 17, 2011, 10:14:09 PM »
Hi all,

I purchased iCam for Android today and have a couple of questions about it:

1. Date usage: I use Tasker to automatically turn Data on when I turn the screen on, and to turn it off one minute after the screen is turned off. According to 3G Watchdog, my data usage really goes up as soon as iCam is launched (which is understandable) and remains intensive even after I exit iCam. That is to say, the extra-usage doesn't seem to stop as soon as I exit the app. Is this normal?

2. Automation: If I'd have to turn motion detection manually on and off every time I leave the house and every time I get back, I probably won't do it at all. But by letting it run all time, I keep getting notifications that my own movements were detected (obviously). Is there any way (or any app) to turn motion detection off when the phone is connecting to my home network, and to turn it back on when disconnecting from the home network? There are apps that do it for the whole WiFi and I'm probably not the first one to ask about it. Or maybe there's a way to configure this with Tasker? Alternatively, is there a way to start iCamSource onlz when the computer is on idle and to stop it when I'm using the computer again? I have a home office, so I don't have fixed hours where I'm not at home, which is why the schedule doesn't seem helpful.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:20:33 PM by jer_berlin »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Data usage + Automation
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 07:11:28 PM »
Thank you for your post.

iCam should disconnect when the application is no longer active. What device and version of Android are you running?

You can set iCamSource to automatically turn ON/OFF motion detection and push notification by using our Scheduling feature. More about Scheduling can be found on our Support Pages here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/motion_detection.php#scheduling