Author Topic: Not receiving Push Notifications  (Read 17931 times)

Dean

• View Profile
Not receiving Push Notifications
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:48:09 AM »
Hi SKJM!

Just a heads up,

I purchased the in-app Push Notification upgrade and I have set two cameras to send push on motion. I was doing a few tests to trigger a message but stiff have not received one. Push is on for the app, and two cameras have it enabled.

Any ideas?

captual

• View Profile
Re: Not receiving Push Notifications
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:55:08 AM »
Hi SKJM!

Just a heads up,

I purchased the in-app Push Notification upgrade and I have set two cameras to send push on motion. I was doing a few tests to trigger a message but stiff have not received one. Push is on for the app, and two cameras have it enabled.

Any ideas?

I'm having same problem as the above gent.  Same deal...cams set to push and they are showing movement etc, but no notification.  I am not real clear where this notification goes...To the app? and where would we enter an e-mail address.  Maybe just a statement on how push should work would help dummys like me..
Thanks.

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 07:56:49 AM »
Someone must have flipped the switch on the server, Push is working now. Thanks!

Great app as always!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 08:07:28 AM »
Yes, it does appear that Apple has finally approved and enabled the Push on Motion In App Purchase, so you should be able to enable the receipt of Push Notifications in iCam.

As with any new system we may have some final kinks to work out, so we do appreciate your patience. :)

A quick overview of what to expect with Push on Motion:

- A Push Notification looks like an SMS message on your iPhone. Here is a video of it in action: http://skjm.com/icam/vid.php?id=2
- Currently you will only receive Push on Motion notifications when iCam is not running on your iPhone or iPod touch.
- The maximum number of notifications you should see is one every minute per iCamSource running. (In other words, if your iCamSource is constantly detecting motion, you will be notified at most once a minute.)

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:21:27 AM »
Ah joy it's working like a charm!!!  Now that I turned off icam on iPhone.  Also fast note that my Trend antivirus wanted to block the outbound notification and I had to "Allow" it before it would get out. Thanks it works perfect now!  Great app as always!! :D

jacklink01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:05:59 PM »
It's not working for me??? I haven't gotten any notifications! I paid for it and turned it on. It detects motion but never notify me.

Hmmmmm

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 03:18:08 PM »
Is the Send Push Notifications checkbox checked in the iCamSource? When motion occurs, is your iPhone not running iCam?

dufbeer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »
Should push still work when it is minimized in the system tray? It's only working when I have it open on my desktop? Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
Ideally it should send push notifications when minimized to the systray, but it does appear that it may not. We will look into this further and release an update to the Windows iCamSource if necessary.

Thank you for catching that. :)

techindahaus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »
I purchased the push upgrade but I noticed in the application on my PC it is still greyed out and I cant select it. Is this a temporary issue as I'm also getting the "broker" server error.

Update: I can now select the push setting in the application but it then reverts to disabled as it says it doesnt have an associated account. weird.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:15:23 PM by techindahaus »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 10:55:30 PM »
The Send Push Notifications checkbox is enabled when you connect to the iCamSource with iCam after purchasing the Push on Motion upgrade.

You are currently only able to accept Push Notifications from one account at a time, so if you change your account either on iCam or the iCamSource the iCamSource checkbox will be unchecked if there are no iCam iPhones or iPod touches registered with our server to receive notifications for that account. (This is merely a way to prevent push notification traffic from being sent to our server when there is no iCam to send it to.)

If you have any further questions or issues, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

kikecaceres

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 09:53:04 AM »
I´ve detected a problem... I´ve been trying to receive push notifications from my house camera and I couldn´t but I did from my office camera (where I´m now).
After trying a few times I realized that I can´t change neither the turn on/off button nor de sensibility if the application on the computer is not opened in the screen (it doesn´t work if it´s minimized).
This is not great because the idea is not to have the application opened in the screen and everybody watching their faces on it.
It should work both ways...
Any comments ???

techindahaus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »
The accounts did not change. But the push notifications become disabled automatically. I'm not sure what to do here.

Here's what it says

"Please Note : Sending Push Notifications on Motion Detection has been turned off as there is currently no "Push on Motion" iCam associated with this account."

The Send Push Notifications checkbox is enabled when you connect to the iCamSource with iCam after purchasing the Push on Motion upgrade.

You are currently only able to accept Push Notifications from one account at a time, so if you change your account either on iCam or the iCamSource the iCamSource checkbox will be unchecked if there are no iCam iPhones or iPod touches registered with our server to receive notifications for that account. (This is merely a way to prevent push notification traffic from being sent to our server when there is no iCam to send it to.)

If you have any further questions or issues, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

kahdmus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 02:41:34 PM »
I´ve detected a problem... I´ve been trying to receive push notifications from my house camera and I couldn´t but I did from my office camera (where I´m now).
After trying a few times I realized that I can´t change neither the turn on/off button nor de sensibility if the application on the computer is not opened in the screen (it doesn´t work if it´s minimized).
This is not great because the idea is not to have the application opened in the screen and everybody watching their faces on it.
It should work both ways...
Any comments ???

I am finding the exact same issue!

rufuskohn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 02:52:59 PM »
Great app, Yhat said, i have a small prolem.
I am hooked up Macbook builtin cam. i bought the app and the push notifier. I works like a charm only i do not get notifications.
I checked settings on the iphone, and everything is on. the settings on in the app when i switch notify on is disables after a half a minute.
I tried to switch om and quit the icam on the phone but the i get a messege on the sourceapp: 'Please note :sending push notificatins on motion detection has been turned off as there is currently no "push on motion" icam associated with thi account."

What would help is a step by step guide how to get push notifation working

TIA for your reaction

Rufus Kohn