Author Topic: Not receiving Push Notifications  (Read 17930 times)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not receiving Push Notifications
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 03:16:26 PM »
kikecaceres - That's a known issue and there will be a new version of iCamSource released later today that will fix it.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 05:14:51 PM »
A new Windows version of the iCamSource (1.3.1) is now available for download and should fix the issues that users are having with controlling the Push on Motion settings and receiving Push Notifications when the application window is minimized / hidden.

It can be downloaded here: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup1.3.1.exe

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »
rufuskohn - That error indicates that you got the Push On Motion add-on and then 1) connected your iPhone with the same login/password as your iCamSource and then 2)changed the login/password  on either your iPhone or the iCamSource so that they are now different.

To get it working, you need to make sure that the iCamSource and the iPhone are using the exact same login/password.  As soon as you make the login/password different on the iPhone, it will stop receiving push notifications for that iCamSource.

kikecaceres

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 10:32:40 AM »
Thank you very much for answering !!!
I´ll try to download it right now.
Tell you any news.  ;)

techindahaus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 12:24:57 PM »
Ok, I got email support suggesting I update to the newest version of icamsource, which I did but it did not fix my push issue. I then uninstalled and reinstalled everything and was charged another .99c for the push notification. To be clear, I have purchased Icam already and now Icam push has been billed to me twice.

I would like someone from this company to just refund the 2x.99c push add-ons and I will just use the application without it. I dont have weeks worth of back and forth to deal with this. Please email me for charge information. Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 03:11:36 PM »
You shouldn't have been billed twice for iCam or Push on Motion if you purchased it using the same iTunes account.

Are you able to connect your iPhone to your iCamSource, and if so, is the Push on Motion checkbox still disabling itself on the iCamSource?

burt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 02:08:55 AM »
I'll jump into the mix. I have the same issues of NOT receiving notifications. I JUST bought the new push notifications add on for my 2nd gen phone running on V3.0.
0. I upgraded my desktop source to V1.3.2
1. I closed the webcam app on my iphone.
2. I left the app running on my desktop connected to my webcam (Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000).
3. I set the "send push notifications" successfully to ON on my iPhone
4. I created motion which turned the status bar from green to gray
5. I waited....after about 30-60 seconds, the message on the desktop iCam app stated
"Please Note : Sending Push Notifications on Motion Detection has been turned off as there is currently no "Push on Motion" iCam associated with this account."
6. I received no notification
...help...
Is there some type of SMS setting that one needs to do to generate the push notification text?
Also, enhancement suggestion: schedule feature for when to turn the motion detection on and off...and hotspot creation so that only certain parts of the video window activate the motion...future revs
Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
When you purchased Push on Motion were you asked to accept Push Notifications from iCam? You can check the settings in your iPod's Settings > Notifications to see if Push Notifications are on in general, and if they are on specifically for iCam.

burt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »
I believe so, and
"yes" in the settings

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 05:17:26 PM »
If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then I can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Please be sure to include your forum account name in your e-mail.

mokushiroku

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 07:44:17 PM »
Its been 4 days and still no logical conclusion to this stupid problem???? Anyone? PUSH NOTIFICATION NOT WORKING! Anyone......anyone....Bueler!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 12:15:57 AM »
Are you receiving Push Notifications from other iPhone applications? Is your iPhone unlocked or jailbroken?

kirshley

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 11:00:52 AM »
The accounts did not change. But the push notifications become disabled automatically. I'm not sure what to do here.

Here's what it says

"Please Note : Sending Push Notifications on Motion Detection has been turned off as there is currently no "Push on Motion" iCam associated with this account."

The Send Push Notifications checkbox is enabled when you connect to the iCamSource with iCam after purchasing the Push on Motion upgrade.

You are currently only able to accept Push Notifications from one account at a time, so if you change your account either on iCam or the iCamSource the iCamSource checkbox will be unchecked if there are no iCam iPhones or iPod touches registered with our server to receive notifications for that account. (This is merely a way to prevent push notification traffic from being sent to our server when there is no iCam to send it to.)

If you have any further questions or issues, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

Now i have the same problem. i have installed icamsource v1.4 in my mac and icam 1.3.1 in my ipod. i tried to connect the icam source in other network and the send motion notifications option unchek automatically.  I dont touch nothing, and yesterday the app crash. I use the same login and password all the time. i cant understand it.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 10:40:13 AM »
If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.