Author Topic: iCamSource 1.2 BETA Released  (Read 4493 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
iCamSource 1.2 BETA Released
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:06:49 AM »
Two of the most requested features have now been added to the latest BETA version of the iCamSource:

• Preliminary video-only support for MJPEG-compatible WiFi and Ethernet network IP webcams.
  • Window now minimizes to the System Tray / Menu Bar.

Please visit the iCam Support page for more information, including the list of currently tested and supported MJPEG-compatible webcams.

If your network webcam is not currently supported, you can either request its addition in this thread of the discussion forum or by e-mailing support.

Thanks! :)

Joel

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource 1.2 BETA Released
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:31:49 PM »
Running it now. Seems pretty cool, maybe have "minimize" to system tray, and "close".. close :). Not really clear what "Auto-Start" means either.. is that run on start up? or automatically start that particular feed?

Good job btw I really like this.. especially as I've just moved into a new house and want to keep and eye on my room while at work :) I have one facing my door, and one out the window on the street.

Would be great to have motion detection alerts, both on the java and the iphone app, so that you can specify a square for detection, and sensitivity. Not too difficult of an image processing function to do that but would definitely boost the app into new realms of security camera software!

Thanks again.

Will keep an eye out for updates.

Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »
Ooh, just found an error, can't seem to repeat it though it was something about a stream haha. I tried to re-open icam. Autostart was set and it tried to use the same sources.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 07:39:59 AM »
Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

Enabling AutoState means that it will automatically start streaming the last used inputs when the application is launched. (It's the automation of pushing the "Start" button.)

Motion detection has been requested before and is currently something we are looking into implementing.

If you see the error message again, please let us know.

Darrin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 09:59:57 AM »
This is just a great app!

I do agree that recording and motion should be added, since most do not want to sit and stare at a streaming image.

Another wish would be to have images emailed on motion.  That would be great to catch someone...if they stole your computer while in your house.  :-)

I'd pay extra for that add-on!

Other than that, keep up the excellent work!

--Darrin

pstott

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
Running great with a Linksys WVC54GCA. Looking forward to the addition of sound capability.
Great product!

Paul