Author Topic: iCamSource.exe has stopped working...  (Read 14198 times)

paulmccutcheon

• View Profile
iCamSource.exe has stopped working...
« on: October 11, 2010, 09:27:57 PM »
"iCamSource.exe has stopped working..."

This error occurs as soon as it is launched, within 1 second and never even see the app.  Running the latest iCamSource version on Win7 Ultimate x64.  It started after a recent Windows update; not sure exactly which one because I didn't have to reboot right away.  I would say it was an update within the last 2 weeks.

Has anyone seen this same issue?

Thanks, Paul

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource.exe has stopped working...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 01:08:54 AM »
Do you know if the Auto-Start option is enabled in iCamSource?  The application doesn't do very much when it's first launched, unless the Auto-Start option is enabled.

Please try disabling the Auto-Start option.  To do that, download and run (double-click) this file:  http://skjm.com/icam/DeleteAS.reg

Then re-launch iCamSource. 

If the program launches, but it crashes when you hit the Start button, please send me a screenshot of the iCamSource window (before it crashes) so I can verify the settings.

If it still crashes as soon as you launch it, that indicates there's an issue with Windows.  Please make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update. 

Also, there are two prerequisites that must be installed in order for iCamSource to run properly, the Visual Studio Redistributable Package(vcredist_x86.exe) and the .Net framework. 

Please download the vcredist_x86.exe installer from here: http://skjm.com/icam/vcredist_x86.exe and run it.  After you run vcredist_x86.exe,  please reboot your computer.  Then try iCamSource to see if the problem has been resolved.

If that does not resolve your problem, please update .Net.  The .Net updater is available here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

paulmccutcheon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »
I did all of your recommendations, and nothing changed.  I checked the version I had installed in Control Panel and it said 2.1.1.  I removed it, rebooted and reinstalled version 2.1.3 and it seems to be working fine right now.

ajaxlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:45:21 PM »
I have the same problem. I have tried the solutions here to no avail. I managed to run iCamSource on another machine -- the camera is wireless, but it is far from a good solution because the usb camera is attached to my Windows 7 64-bit machine. I must say I have had endless problems, and not just with iCamSource, since the most recent Windows auto-update.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 04:34:39 PM »
Have you checked your version of icamsource? Paul mentioned that he upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.3...and that fixed his problems. There is also a 2.1.4 version of icamsource if 2.1.3 doesn't work for you. From the sound of it, Paul was also using Windows 7 64-bit.

Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 09:10:28 PM »
I have the same problem.  Win7 64 bit.  Just tried version 2.1.5 and within 1 second I get the "has stopped working" box.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 10:31:24 AM »
@Blitz - Have you tried using the iCamSource Registry Cleaner? - http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

If you download and double-click that file it should reset your iCamSource registry settings. The next time you run the iCamSource you will need to re-enter your info, but hopefully it will not crash.

Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »
Worked!  Thanks!

bneumann@aol.com

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 01:07:17 PM »
I had the same problem and the resetting the registry did the trick, thanks.

rottoruss

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 05:31:28 PM »
Hi there, having a similar problem but the problem can cause a blue screen on the pc and is shut down - manual reboot is essential.

Tracked it down to a cam with a long USB active lead connected to one of the cams in iCam.

Looks like iCam can only handle USB leads up to 10m without causing a iCam crash and a complete fatal system crash.

Unfortunatley I have to use Jumicam to view the cam with a long active lead which is 20m to the front door cam.

Question is - If Jumicam can work flawlessly with the longer USB lead, any chance of making iCam work so I don't have to use 2 programs to view all cams?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 09:01:29 PM »
The issue is actually with your computer's USB bus and the instability that a long USB extension cable introduces to your system.

The difference between iCam and Jumicam is that Jumicam only "engages" the webcam when you connect to view it, whereas the iCamSource is constantly monitoring the webcam's video stream to send push notifications and record motion events when motion is detected.

twink

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 05:13:11 AM »
rottoruss,

I have 2 USB cameras connected to my main Windows 7 computer. One is connected via 4 hubs and a total of about 60 feet. The other is connected via a single hub at 50 feet (the 50 foot run degrades the USB 2 to USB 1). Both work fine although my audio drops out after about 12-24 hours.
I have 2 more USB cameras connected to an old XP computer that use 1 hub and both have  about 20 foot runs.

When I first hooked them up, I had various instability problems and had to try different combinations of hubs, ports on my PC and wire lengths.

rottoruss

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 06:57:27 AM »
Hey Twink, thanks for the info.. I'll experiment and try to find a work around

Might try the new USB over power cams and see what happens.

Would be good if iCam did sound for the IP cameras.. May solve a few issues.

bneumann@aol.com

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »
I believe that PC Tools Registry Mechanic is causing this problem. I had mine fixed and registry mechanic ran last night and it was not working again this morning and I had to rerun the program to reset the registry. It is working fine right now. I will have to keep an eye on Registry Mechanic as it may be having a problem with one of the entrys.

Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »
The issue is actually with your computer's USB bus and the instability that a long USB extension cable introduces to your system.

The difference between iCam and Jumicam is that Jumicam only "engages" the webcam when you connect to view it, whereas the iCamSource is constantly monitoring the webcam's video stream to send push notifications and record motion events when motion is detected.

Well, mine worked for about a week and then quit again.  I can take the USB variable out -- I connect via WiFi.  There was an error message with codes, and I cleared it before I thought to take a screenshot.  I do use registry booster, to add another variable.