Author Topic: iCamSource.exe has stopped working...  (Read 14196 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource.exe has stopped working...
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »
Well, mine worked for about a week and then quit again.  I can take the USB variable out -- I connect via WiFi.  There was an error message with codes, and I cleared it before I thought to take a screenshot.  I do use registry booster, to add another variable.

Did the iCamSource crash? Or did you see an error message underneath the video preview in the iCamSource Preferences window? What is the make and model of camera that you are using?

stuart_k_rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 07:07:04 PM »
I'm having a recurring problem with iCamSource.exe halting after about a day of operation.  Here is info from the Windows event log:

Faulting application iCamSource.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4cbc7028, faulting module MSVCR90.dll, version 9.0.30729.4148, time stamp 0x4a594c79, exception code 0xc0000417, fault offset 0x0006ccb5, process id 0x1280, application start time 0x01cb7980745b5f9c.

I've got a watchdog process to restart it, but this is getting annoying.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 08:58:29 PM »
Are you running the latest version of the iCamSource, 2.1.5? How many webcams and / or network IP cameras are you connecting to? Is the computer going to sleep or into standby mode?

stuart_k_rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 06:40:23 PM »
Version 2.1.5 with a single wi-fi Swann camera on Windows Vista.  Computer is not going into standby or sleep mode.  It was stopped again today.  

Here's some additional information I collected after windows gave the "iCamSource.exe has stopped working" dialog.  Its status reported as "running" seems a bit contradictory, but I imagine that just means the application had surrendered its memory, etc... yet.

Image Name      PID Session Name   Session#   Mem Usage    Status      CPU Time
iCamSource.exe   5772 Console                    1      66,472 K    Running        3:45:15 N/A

So it was using a reasonable amount of memory -- eliminating memory leak as a cause.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:36:22 PM by stuart_k_rogers »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »
What is the model number of your Wi-Fi camera? Also, what is the MJPEG or JPEG URL that you are using to connect to it in the iCamSource?

stuart_k_rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 11:18:40 AM »
URL is http://192.168.2.10/cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi.  The model is IP-3G ConnectCam 1000.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »
I am assuming that you have the MJPEG radio button chosen on the iCamSource as opposed to JPEG? What is the % CPU usage in the task manager when the iCamSource is running? Also, what is the video frame rate that you have set for your camera?

stuart_k_rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »
Yes, the MJPEG radio button is selected.  CPU usage is about 6-8%.  Frame rate is 5 fps.  Resolution is VGA high quality.  Things were more stable under iCamSource 1.x.  I'll experiment by dropping the video quality and rate even further.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 08:47:01 PM »
Your CPU and frame rate numbers look reasonable.

Do you know if the iCamSource is crashing when you connect to it from iCam (either via WiFi or 3G)? Or is it just crashing after running for a while?

stuart_k_rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 06:42:41 PM »
Not sure, but I suspect it's when I try to connect.  A typical scenario is that I receive notification of a motion event when I'm away from home, and then find that I can't connect.  When I get home I see the "has stopped working" dialog.  Of course, other items I get the notification and can connect fine, so it's pretty hit or miss.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 08:34:59 PM »
This is just an idea...not sure if it will fix your problem.

I had similar crashes (especially with multiple cameras) when trying to connect because the ports were not being forwarded correctly. To fix it, I had to set up manual port fowarding...and all of my problems went away. Granted, this was icamsource 1.4 or before...when there was no uPNP feature. It would be worth checking and making sure that the minimum number of ports (I think they recommend 6 or 7 ports per camera feed) are, in fact, open...and that your router is forwarding to those ports correctly (uPNP is enabled, etc). And while it might be a pain, it might be worth setting up manual port forwarding. This is more secure and more consistent in terms of performance anyway. Hope this helps.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 09:13:16 PM »
@stuart_k_rogers - You might try connecting via both WiFi and 3G to see if either way causes a crash.

OUAnthony is correct in that port forwarding does simplify what iCam and the iCamSource have to navigate through to make the connection, and if it is a lesser-travelled logic path that is causing the crash then that might be a solution. (He is also right in that trying the Auto-Config Router would be easier than to do the full-on manual port forwarding ... If your router supports it, of course.)

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
rottoruss,

I have 2 USB cameras connected to my main Windows 7 computer. One is connected via 4 hubs and a total of about 60 feet. The other is connected via a single hub at 50 feet (the 50 foot run degrades the USB 2 to USB 1). Both work fine although my audio drops out after about 12-24 hours.
I have 2 more USB cameras connected to an old XP computer that use 1 hub and both have  about 20 foot runs.

When I first hooked them up, I had various instability problems and had to try different combinations of hubs, ports on my PC and wire lengths.

Any resolution to the audio issue ??

mrz500

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 09:45:55 AM »
I am having the same issues - running win7 with 4 skyipcam 747w on wifi

runs for about 12 hours then crashes - here is the debug report
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Unknown error (0x8)
   at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.CreateCompatibleDIB(IntPtr hdc, IntPtr hpal, Int32 ulWidth, Int32 ulHeight, IntPtr& ppvBits)
   at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.CreateBuffer(IntPtr src, Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.AllocBuffer(Graphics targetGraphics, IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
   at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.AllocBufferInTempManager(Graphics targetGraphics, IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
   at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Allocate(IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WiniCamSource
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3943.14548
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/iCamSource/iCamSource.exe
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.4926
    Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.4926
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a/msvcm90.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »
mrz500 -  Does it still crash if you only run one camera in iCamSource? 

Are you using the MJPEG or JPEG mode in iCamSource?  Please try switching to the other mode on all of the cameras to see if that has any effect.