Author Topic: Cannot start more then one copy of the source?  (Read 1869 times)

Ryan0751

• View Profile
Cannot start more then one copy of the source?
« on: August 26, 2010, 08:14:07 AM »
I'm running the OS X iCamSource, and when I try to launch another copy (for a second cam) the already running iCamSource app just opens.  How do I run multiple copies?

Kai

• View Profile
Re: Cannot start more then one copy of the source?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 08:40:52 AM »
Not sure if this is what's going on with your setup but...

When I originally ran thew second instance of the iCamSource software on my Mac Mini, it came up with a preference window containing all the same info as the first instance of the iCamSource software. When I changed the details, it linked up to my second camera.. But it did initially look like it was just opening the same pref window as the first instance.

You could also check that there are two little camera icons on the menu bar (over on the right hand side with the time machine, bluetooth, speaker, etc. icons). If you see two icons then you do have two instances running.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:43:07 AM by Kai »

Ryan0751

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:01:53 AM »
Hmm that might be all that is happening.  I'll try it again.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »
Thanks Kai. :)

If you are wanting to run more than one instance on Mac OS X you will need to make a copy of the iCamSource application and run both applications at the same time.

The next version of the iCamSource currently being BETA tested allows you to connect multiple cameras to a single instance of the iCamSource: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=958.0