Author Topic: iCAMSource does not "appear" to be running, when in fact it is - Mac OS X  (Read 2075 times)

Wally

• View Profile
When I start iCAMSource, I do not see the icon in the task bar. I don't even know how to quit it. I <command><tab> to switch applications, and it does not appear in that list either.

Over the past two weeks while I was out of town, it ran for a few days, and then I could not connect to it for the past 10 days or so. The computer was not set to stay awake, so why did it run for 5 days, even if the computer was allowed to go to sleep? When I got back home, it iCamSource shut down each time the computer slept, OK, but where is it? How come I cannot see it when it is running?

Currently, it is nowhere to be found, though I double-clicked on the icon. I saw that some new version was available (for the iPhone) on this forum, and there was a link to a different version of iCAMSource? I downloaded that and ran it, and it did not "appear" either.

I reset the video converter for my camera (which I sometimes have to do - it converts video into Firewire) and then ran the iPhone app again, and apparently, both iCAMSource apps where running concurrently, because TWO of the four windows on the iPhone had the source (same source, of course ;) ), then it immediately posted a communication error message or something like that.

I am now going to restart the machine and see what I can make happen.

I realize that there were some posts about trying to hide the iCAMSource from appearing and I have done nothing to try to set that up.

- Wally

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If the iCamSource window doesn't appear, the the window may be hidden.  If it is, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the Menubar (top right corner of your screen).  The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens).  From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource.  If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.

Wally

• View Profile
Thank you -

I hadn't noticed that before... that'll teach me to RTFM...

Any advice or info on whether I need to keep my mac from sleeping to ensure that it runs continually? If it does go to sleep, do I need to restart it at each waking?

Thanks -

- Wally