Author Topic: One or more of you cameras cannot connect to broker server  (Read 14608 times)

rhennosy

• View Profile
One or more of you cameras cannot connect to broker server
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:28:02 AM »
I installed the software and everything was running fine until I left my house. Now I get a message "Secure Connection Error" One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

What can I do? Would it be effected if my mac goes to sleep?

I tried to set up an additional camera here at work, but I get the same message.

Thanks.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: One or more of you cameras cannot connect to broker server
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 11:04:41 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems.

It sounds like you're getting a "Source Connection Error", which means you were able to connect to the Broker Server, but not able to connect to your desktop computer.

To help narrow down the problem, I'll send you a private message through this forum with a login and password to a test cam.

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 01:33:47 AM »
It sounds like you're getting a "Source Connection Error", which means you were able to connect to the Broker Server, but not able to connect to your desktop computer.

I have got the same problem connecting via edge or 3g (Source Connection Error). Are there any ports that could be useful to forward to solve this problem?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 12:21:29 PM »
Mike,

The "Source Connection Error" often indicates an issue with a router or firewall/security software installed on your computer.  Port forwarding would not help in this case because iCam uses firewall piercing techniques to get through firewalls.

Could you please send an email to support@skjm.com with:

1. Your router brand/model info
 2. A description of any firewall/security software running on your computer.
 3. The external IP of your computer.  You can get your external ip by going to http://whatismyip.com.

Once we get that info, we'll probably have you try to connect to a test camera.

ChasteDylan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 02:26:34 PM »
I'm having the same issue as some people on the forum. The rainbow color issue now seems to be resolved for me on vista machines along with failure of analogue video cameras to connect at all, but.... I'm still have fundamental connection issues. Basically, I cannot seem to view streams unless my iphone and all cameras are all connected to the same wifi network. Any cameras on other wifi do give me the connection error message. Also if I connect my iPhone via a different WiFi or Edge and 3g for that mater, I get that same connection issue. I too have reinstalled the app on my phone and all PCs to no avail.

If you could give me any guidance I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,
Dylan

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 11:13:56 AM »
I'm helping Dylan through e-mail.  If info useful for this thread comes out of it,  I'll post it to the thread.

cobber

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 04:30:09 PM »
Hi

Great looking app...works well over wifi on PC.  Having same err message over 3G though. Looking forward to understanding the issue and this app really coming alive.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 12:13:21 PM »
cobber,

Please send an email to support@skjm.com with the external IP address of your PC.  To get your IP, go to http://whatismyipaddress.com in your PC's web browser.

Please refer to this forum thread in your email, so I know it's you :)

cobber

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 09:47:23 AM »
Thanks again Jay for your help.

:)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 12:08:49 PM »
Thanks for your help  :D

This problem turned out to be caused by Kapersky firewall software.  It seems that Kapersky decided to restrict iCamSource without asking the user whether or not to trust iCamSource.  This wouldn't necessarily break iCam  by itself, but cobber's iPhone provider also had some restrictive settings on their network.  The 2 issues together caused iCam not to work from 3G/EDGE.

So, if you have Kapersky firewall software installed, and you're having issues with iCam not working over 3G/EDGE, please check to make sure that iCamSource is not in your Kapersky list of restricted applications.

ocota

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 03:56:22 AM »
i get "source connection error"

"one or more of the icamsources returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to"...this only happens when i try to use my wifi connection..it works fine with 3g...when i connect the webcam to my other computer and use wifi it works just fine...i only get this error message with my laptop...its a windows xp service pack 2....any ideas?..thanks..

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 09:20:29 AM »
ocota - What that sounds like is that your laptop may have more than one internal IP address associated with it, and the iCamSource is simply picking the wrong one. Do you have multiple network adapters enabled at the same time on your laptop?

If you go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and send your e-mail address to support@skjm.com, we can look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs and see if we can determine what the problem is.

pedro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 02:00:22 PM »

I installed the software and everything was running fine until I left my house. Now I get a message "Secure Connection Error" One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

What can I do?

Thanks.

I´m having the same problem, could you help me Jay?

Pedro

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 03:44:28 PM »
Pedro - Do you see this message when you are connecting via WiFi or 3G?

pedro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 11:37:43 AM »
Stefan It doesn´t work with 3G, it works with WIFI but I´ve tried only my WIFI at home. Thanks again and I hope you can help me because it´s a really amazing app.