Author Topic: cameras  (Read 2113 times)

janiemae

• View Profile
cameras
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:21:43 PM »
Im fixing to order cameras.  I have been reading different postings, and I am confused now.  One says it work great with Mac's, then the next one says, they have gotten the things working to be able to use the cameras with Macs.        Am looking at the 747W, and the 500W.   Do these work with the Mac computers?  I have three Macs and I want to be sure I can use them before I order.

Thanks   

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: cameras
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 01:31:54 AM »
Those cameras definitely will work with Macs. We use them with our Macs all the time.  Unfortunately, it's not quite as easy to setup most Wi-Fi cameras if you have a Mac.  Most Wi-Fi cameras only come with Windows setup software.  You can still get it working with just a Mac, but it's a little more difficult than on Windows.  Usually, Wi-Fi cameras are set up to grab an IP from the router using DHCP.  The main thing you need to figure out is the IP address of the camera.  You may need to check the list of DHCP clients in your router configuration in order to find out the camera's IP address

Once you've found the camera's IP address, then you can use the form at http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg.php to figure out the MJPEG URL for your particular camera.  Then you enter the MJPEG URL into the iCamSource program, along with the login and password for the camera (if necessary).