Author Topic: A new problem..the send push notifications motions turns off automatically  (Read 3675 times)

kirshley

• View Profile
Hello. Here I am again with a new problem.a few weeks ago I had the problem of server broker which resolved by installing the 1.4 icam source version on my mac and 1.3.1 ICAM version  on my ipod touch 2G.With this configuration I got it all works very well until today Monday because I have a new problem. I have configured the program to detect motion and thus to capture the screen and leave me a message on the iPod with a push notification. The problem is that when it detects motion, its sends me a push notification to the ipod but the "send push notifications motion" option turns off automatically in both programs, icam and icam source.
If I active again this option ( in icam or in icam source) when motion is detected its send my the push notification and this options disconnects again and in the icam source i can read an error message: "Please Note: Sending push notifications on motion detection has been turned off as there is currently no "push on motion" icam associated with this account"
I can see my webcam in another network, in my home network, when detects motion the icam record motion well...but the push notification only work one time and then its disconnect automatically

The only thing i do this weekend is update my mac from MAC OSX 10.6.2 to MAC OSX 10.6.3. Would this be what causes this mistake?
thanks for your answer.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:01:46 PM by kirshley »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The upgrade from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3 shouldn't have anything to do with the problem.

We haven't heard of anything quite like that before.  That message would show up in iCamSource if you changed the login/password in iCamSource and didn't change it in iCam (or vice versa).  Are you still able to view the camera normally in iCam on your iPhone?  If you enable the Push Notifications in iCam on your iPhone, it is enabled in iCamSource on your computer as well?

kirshley

• View Profile
Yes, if i enable the send push notifications motions in my ipod, its enable in icam source too and viceversa. I dont change my user name or my password.The only thing that i change is the update the macosx. I can see my webcam in my ipod normally and i can record motion but if i enable the push notification in my mac or in my ipod, when the webcam detects motion, in my ipod i can see a push notification but then this option turn off.
thanks for the answer

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In order to troubleshoot further, I'll need to look in the server logs.  For that, I'll need you to email me the external IP address of the computer running iCamSource.  To get that, go to http://whatismyip.com in  your computer's web browser and send an email to support@skjm.com with your computer's IP address.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.