Author Topic: Loss of audio  (Read 2711 times)

MBL

• View Profile
Loss of audio
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:44:09 AM »
Ever since I started using iCam on my imac's running snow leopard, I lose audio after a period of time.  Not sure how long, but probably after a few hours.  It's easy to get back by stopping and starting the icam source on the imac's.  My two imac's will intermittently lose audio at different times.  I'm running the icam source using the internal camera on both imac's.  I'm wondering what would make the audio time out and I assume that since it's happening on my 2 very similar units in different locations that others are experiencing the same problem.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of audio
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:12:44 AM »
Do you have all of the latest OS X updates installed? Are you running any other applications that might be taking over the audio input from the iCamSource? I am assuming your are using the Built-In microphone as the audio input device, correct?

MBL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 09:29:38 AM »
Yes, we have the latest updates installed and nothing else it taking over the audio input.  We have had situations where our computers are not being used at all and the audio will drop out.  I can always remotely operate my computers when we are away, so I've shut down and restarted the iCam source to get it working, only to try it the next day and have no audio again.  Yes, we are using the built in audio. 

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »
I ran my MacBook with the Built-In iSight and Mic (the closest Mac I have to an iMac) for about 10 hours yesterday and it never dropped out ... Does it usually take overnight for it to drop out? Does the iMac ever go to sleep overnight?

MBL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:43:13 AM »
The display's go to sleep, but the computers are set not to.  It took 2 days and lost audio again.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 01:39:04 PM »
Two days ... Ok, I can run a longer test to try and re-create the issue.

Do you have any other webcams or audio inputs available that you could test? If it can be isolated to the Built-In Mic that might help in tracking the issue down.