Author Topic: Apple Watch - No Camera Alerts  (Read 7629 times)

dkb52

• View Profile
Apple Watch - No Camera Alerts
« on: July 30, 2019, 10:11:02 AM »
I started receiving Camera Alerts on my Apple Watch. What I receive in sequence is: No Camera Alerts...Loading Camera...No Camera Alerts.
My iCamSourcePro Version is 1.3.1.1 (Windows 10) with Notification Threshold of 3, Record Minumum of 2.
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12.4 - Watch OS 5.3

It appears the loss of images (thumbs) occurred after the Watch OS 5.3 upgrade?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Watch - No Camera Alerts
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 11:13:30 AM »
The watchOS 5.3 update hasn't affected Apple Watch alerts in our testing, and we haven't received any further reports of this issue.

Have you tried uninstalling iCam Pro from your watch (and possibly also your phone), and then re-installing?

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 08:32:46 PM »
I had NOT removed iCamPro from my Apple Watch; however, it has been reinstalled now!
I also reinstalled iCamPro on my iPhone.

Still have the same issue!

I do now receive an iCamPro Source Connection Error. My currently ONE camera, shows in the iCamSource Pro preview window on PC, in iCamPro on my iPad and iPhone.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 07:44:20 PM »
Something, is still wrong!

I receive notification of say: Motion Detected on Carport.
When I tap that alert: I receive "Loading (blank); used to say "Loading Thumb(s).
Then it changes to "No Camera Alerts"

I know there are at least three (my notification threshold).

It would be easier (at this point), to have the Apple Watch say "motion detected on camera x" go to your devices to see what was recorded."

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 08:07:46 PM »
When you receive the Apple Watch alert, do you see an animated preview image on your watch, showing you a preview of what your camera is seeing before tapping the alert and opening the watch app where you see to "No Camera Alerts" message?

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 09:25:28 AM »
Thanks Stefan!
No "preview." I receive a notification "Motion Detected Camera X." If I take no action (tapping Watch notification) it goes away; but I get the Red Dot to tell me (remind) I have a notification.
When I swipe the Watch, I see the notification "Motion Detected Camera X." If I tap that notification, the watch would indicate "Loading Thumbs." I could then select a thumb to see what was detected.'Now however, the display only shows the word "Loading," then changes to "No Camera Alerts."
I know this is a confusing issue for us both. Here's another one: My iPhone Bluetooth indicates it is connected to my Watch; Bluetooth on my Watch indicates it is Searching for devices (never locking in on the iPhone or anything else).

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 07:29:38 AM »
Do you still have the "Apple Watch Alerts" checkbox checked in your iCamSource Pro under the Detection tab?

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 08:26:44 PM »
Yes, Apple Watch Events is checked.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 07:33:39 PM »
Moved this issue to email.

lleebooga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 10:26:40 AM »
same here - it used to work perfectly but not sure when but not getting thumbnail on apple watch - just getting "No Camera Alerts." - Apple Watch 3 on latest IOS - all boxes checked

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »
We have been able to reproduce the issue using the Windows version of the iCamSource Pro. (If there are any users experiencing this issue that are not using the Windows version of the iCamSource Pro, please let us know.)

We are currently working on tracking down the cause, and will hopefully have a fix available soon.

Thank you for your continued patience with this issue!

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »
Thanks Stefan!

lleebooga

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2019, 08:06:23 AM »
Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »
The issue ultimately turned out to be a slight difference in the way the Windows client uploaded the images to the Apple Watch web service. We eventually tracked it down to a difference in the upload request that our web host was having an issue with. (It isn't an issue with our server-side code ... It's a problem with the web host that we have yet to remedy.)

While we work with our web host to try and get the issue resolved, we have a temporary build available that users who are not receiving Apple Watch alerts can use in the interim: https://skjm.com/icampro/iCamSourcePro1.3.1.1a.zip

This isn't an installer, but just a zip of the iCamSourcePro executable file. You can just replace the existing 1.3.1.1 executable in your C:\Program Files (x86)\iCamSource Pro\ folder with this 1.3.1.1a version.

One other item of note: The Sound Detection section that is usually under the Detection tab in under the Help tab in this version. (We created a fix from a version that had some exploratory UI development in progress ...)

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 09:01:10 PM »
Thank you for your continued efforts!
I excitedly downloaded & installed the new build (1.3.1.1a). I received TWO motion alerts on my watch with images; but have NOT received any alerts since.

I DO receive motion alerts on my iPhone 11, and iPad & can see my camera on both those devices.

On iCamSource Pro (on windows 10) PC preview I see iCamSource Pro 1.3.1.1a, Connected to Server. HOWEVER, the preview window (camera tab) is grayed out (no camera view). IF, I move my cursor to any other TAB (detection, etc) I immediately get a NOT RESPONDING message, instead of Connected to Server.

Addendum: This morning (0700 est), I am again receiving motion alerts on my watch & even though iCamSource Pro indicates Connected to Server (Not Responding), I am able to see my camera on iPhone & iPad.

Sorry to be difficult!
Don
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 05:09:04 AM by dkb52 »