Author Topic: formatting of the preview images as 4x and 9x on icam pro 1.4.1  (Read 2414 times)

possi

• View Profile
formatting of the preview images as 4x and 9x on icam pro 1.4.1
« on: January 04, 2019, 12:07:00 PM »
formatting of the preview images as 4x and 9x on icam pro 1.4.1

I have the problem. I often get 9x grid (and have only 4 cams).
Also very often not all cams are displayed; 1-2 are missing. In the local network as well as with LTE connection. Reloading cams is several times necessary (or even kill the app and restart) to display them all, and sometimes a 9x grid is used (very small on my ipad).
Do you know the problem and is there any help?

Another Suggestion: Make an simple app for OSX to view the cameras. PLEASE. Ask for good money. I'll pay.
another possibility, put them as an password secured stream online for use in every browser...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: formatting of the preview images as 4x and 9x on icam pro 1.4.1
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 11:22:36 AM »
If you are sometimes seeing the 9x9 grid and you only have 4 cameras, it may be that the cameras were recently stopped and restarted. If you are seeing that without making any changes to the iCamSource Pro, then it may be that the devices running them have spotty connectivity, and they are disconnecting and reconnecting to our broker server.

The root cause of the issue is that when the iCamSource Pro starts, it registers with our broker server that makes the connections between iCam Pro and the sources. When the iCamSource Pro disconnects from the server, it is still registered for about 30 seconds or so before being removed, so if you connect using iCam Pro you may be also receiving stale registered cameras that have not yet timed out.

possi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »
thank you for your answer. But for me it seems a little more difficult.

This behaviour is different on my iphone 8 plus, my ipad mini 4 and my ipad pro.
Sometimes I have the 3x3 grid, sometimes the 2x2 grid in the lokal WIFI. With LTE I have mostly the 2x2 grid. For me it looks as the faster a device is, the more often this 3x3 grid appears.

Also sometimes devices don't appear at all. Only my very old ipad mini 1, used as camera with icam source Pro, ALWAYS appear. The 3x iphone 5S used as camera sometimes appear, somtimes 1-2 missing. WIFI is 5 bars, excellent and stable.

possi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 04:35:51 PM »
If you are sometimes seeing the 9x9 grid and you only have 4 cameras, it may be that the cameras were recently stopped and restarted. If you are seeing that without making any changes to the iCamSource Pro, then it may be that the devices running them have spotty connectivity, and they are disconnecting and reconnecting to our broker server.

The root cause of the issue is that when the iCamSource Pro starts, it registers with our broker server that makes the connections between iCam Pro and the sources. When the iCamSource Pro disconnects from the server, it is still registered for about 30 seconds or so before being removed, so if you connect using iCam Pro you may be also receiving stale registered cameras that have not yet timed out.

Okay, it seems to be more difficult and there is a problem.
Simply look to this image:
www.possi.de/icamproblem1.jpg

There is an older ipad mini 4 and a newer iphone 8 plus.

1. the slower device uses a 2x2 grid.
2. the iphone has the bright cam missing (2nd in the ipad)
3. If you look closely to the iphone, you see 2x the cam Kuche... (German Umlaut missing: "Küche").

It look like a bug;-(

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 11:19:28 AM »
How many iCamSource Pros are you running to connect to your 4 cameras, just the one? Or are there multiple computers running the iCamSource Pro application? (Or iOS devices running the iCamSource Pro Mobile app?)

possi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:30:53 AM »
Hi Stefan,
in the meantime I bought 5 used iPhone 5S at ebay to use them as Webcams (around 50€ each). The issue persists. My Internet here has 25Kbit downstream and 5Kbit upstream. Depending on the icam pro device i use, I get the 4x4 or the 3x3 grid. Older devices like my ipad mini 4 (still selling!) get the 3x3 grid, but are not able to receive all 9 cams. mostly they get 6...7 cams, sometimes 8. The newer devices like my ipad pro 10.5 or my iphone 8 plus get a 4x4 grid, and they get 7...8 cams, in lucky cases also 9.

There seems to be a issue with the icam server and the handshake. The faster the device, the more cams come on the price that he sees fake ams (and count wrong).

two of my cams have only 2 bar WIFI signal and the have a reduced framerate (maybe 0,5...1 image per sec). But they are still there, also other cams are missing, which have 3 bars signal. its very random.

All these problems are independent, how many icam pro viewing stations i use. if I switch off all, except one, the issue is the same.
Another thing: if I go on my iphone 8plus from wifi (4x4 pattern) to 4G (LTE) than i get the 3x3 pattern, but more cams are missing.

Another annoying issue: I jus buyed your 4,99USD monthly plan. Sometimes there is a popup to buy another.

Maybe this helps to find out where the problem is...
Claus, Germany