Author Topic: Freezes after 2 seconds  (Read 1993 times)

rhennosy

• View Profile
Freezes after 2 seconds
« on: January 17, 2010, 02:58:57 PM »
My USB cam loads video in my iphone for about 2 seconds, then it freezes. I tried moving to a different USB port, but no luck. I am using an imac. Trying to connect through wifi for now.

Thanks,

Rich

rhennosy

• View Profile
Re: Freezes after 2 seconds
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 02:59:49 PM »
oh, yeah, it does work when viewing through a web browser from my laptop, just not to my iphone.

rhennosy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 03:09:16 PM »
Oooh, this is weird. I left the phone sitting with the icam app open to the frozen image. After about 5 minutes, I got the icam source connection error. I cleared the message to find the camera working. I closed the app and restarted it and it froze after 2 seconds. I left it open and got the source connection error again after 5 mins. It works again. How can I get it to work from the get go instead of waiting 5 minutes? During the 5 minute wait, I can hear the audio cut in and out. When it does work, the audio is on about a 5 second delay. Thanks for the help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »
Are you using an older PPC iMac, or one of the newer Intel models?

When you connect via iCam, are you connecting via the same WiFi network, or 3G/EDGE?

What is the % CPU usage for the iCamSource in the Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor when the iCamSource is running before you connect with iCam, and then after you connect with iCam?