Author Topic: ICam on Kindle what can I do with it, anything?  (Read 2308 times)

natalie525

• View Profile
ICam on Kindle what can I do with it, anything?
« on: February 02, 2015, 02:06:45 AM »
I just downloaded ICam on my Kindle, it's a Kindle Fire, probably 1st generation, bought it in 2013. What can I do with this? There isn't any options to upload a camera, or to use the camera on my Kindle on this.

What I wanted to do was....I wanted to use the Kindle's camera as a webcamera in the house and view it from my cell when I'm out.

I have ICam on my cellphone, and can use that as a webcam which I can view on my computer,, the Kindle and on my husband's cell. I cannot view this outside the house though. Both phones are Androids. It was simple to set this up on my cellphone but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this on Kindle. (I'm afraid this isn't possible to do on Kindle that's why I can't get it set up)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ICam on Kindle what can I do with it, anything?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 01:08:48 PM »
iCam is the application for your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad/Android that allows you to remotely monitor live video and audio feeds from your computers webcams. It does not turn your camera into a webcam.

Are you running the iCamSource program on your computer? If not, you can get the Mac or Windows version here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

You need to run iCamSource on a computer with a webcam in order to view the webcam on your Android devices. Once iCamSource is running on your computer, select your webcam from the Video drop down list and your microphone from the Audio drop down list (or No Audio).

Then set your login and password. You can set the login and password in iCamSource to be anything you want. Make sure it’s something other people won’t be able to guess easily.

In iCam on your Android devices, make sure you are using the exact same login/password you entered in iCamSource on your computer. To edit the login and password in iCam, click the "i" button in the bottom right corner of the screen. That button will take you to the Settings page, where you can edit the login and password.

There is more information about setting up iCam here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/

If you have any questions, please let us know.