Author Topic: ICam app not working with Samsung S5  (Read 2835 times)

dweicht31

• View Profile
ICam app not working with Samsung S5
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »
The Icam app is working with my other devices. Ipad2 and iphone 5s.  Error Source Connection Error. One or more of the icamsources returned by the Icam Broker Server could not be connect to.  I have triple checked my login and password.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ICam app not working with Samsung S5
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn’t work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

dweicht31

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:47:18 AM »
the android app is lacking the proxy option in the settings.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 11:22:24 AM »
Proxy Support for Android has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

Please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

dweicht31

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »
Yes, I have tried that. For some reason I am unable to specify different ports for each cam now. The start button grays out.  I am using the reg hack that adds the different port numbers on the bottom of the application. 

dweicht31

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:33 AM »
@SKJM Support
I installed the icam software on a new laptop. Rechecked my router and my settings on the icam source.  I am able to view all 3 cams from icam/web ,iphone 5s and Ipad 2.  I am still unable to get it working on the Samsung S5.  This looks like a specific android s5 + icam app compatability issue.   Do you have any suggestions?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
What version of Android are you running on your Samsung S5? Is the Samsung connected to the same local network as the computer running iCamSource when this problem occurs? Please make sure that your are you running the latest version available from your provider.

Also, please send a screenshot of your current iCamSource settings to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings. Please refer to this post and your username in your email.