Author Topic: Trouble Connecting  (Read 1725 times)

TK36738

• View Profile
Trouble Connecting
« on: December 14, 2013, 12:27:12 PM »
Hey everyone,

I am getting started with iCam and iCamSource for the first time. I am using this site (skjm.com / icam / help/ link as a guide. Yes, I did search around before posting.

Here is a breakdown of where I am what what issues I need help resolving:

Equipment and Initial Setup
1. Camera: Foscam FI8910W
2. I have it set up wirelessly to my network (via help with the Foscam setup tool)
3. I am using a MAC and I have it properly set up on the iCAM software (i.e. it works when I hit "Start")
4. When I use my phone, connected to my home wifi, on the iCamSource software, I connect and it works

The Problem
1. On my phone, when connected to LTE or 3g, I get an error "One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to." I would like to know how to fix this so that I can view on my phone, remotely

Attempted fixes
1. I checked the iCam software on my MAC and there is a note "UPnP may not be enabled." I checked my router and indeed, it is enabled
2. I tried to connect with and without encryption, the same error results

I hope someone can help me resolve.

Thank you.

artwindows

• View Profile
Re: Trouble Connecting
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 07:56:00 AM »
I have a Foscam like that and I finally had to call Foscam. They took about 15 minutes changing all kinds of settings before they got it working. It's always worked since then. Just a little bit beyond what I know.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Trouble Connecting
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:09:18 AM »
Have you tried rebooting the router and computer since enabling uPNP on the router? Did you also enable auto router config in icamsource? If you've done all of the above, you might have to set up manual port forwarding in your router and in icamsource.