Author Topic: iCam crashes on iPhone and iPad  (Read 10215 times)

venus1986

• View Profile
iCam crashes on iPhone and iPad
« on: October 31, 2013, 02:29:07 AM »
Hi. My Problem is that every time I try to open the app on my iPhone 4S or iPad, the app crashes after 1 second! I tried deleting the app and reinstalling again, no change! the app does not work even when icamsource is not running. please help...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam crashes on iPhone and iPad
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 03:00:12 AM »
If you delete and then re-install iCam on your phone, does it crash before you are even able to enter your Login and Password?

Does it make a difference if your devices are connected via WiFi or 3G/LTE, if available?

If iCam is crashing, there should be crash logs. Here is the direct link for instructions on how to locate crash logs from your iPhone/iPad: http://www.ondemandworld.com/how-to-find-crash-logs/

If you find any iCam crash logs, please send the most recent ones to support@skjm.com and we will hopefully be able to further troubleshoot the issue.

Paulberesford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 03:02:59 AM »
Get the same on all my devices from 10am EST today, wifi or 3/4g all the same

Paulberesford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 03:16:15 AM »
Logs sent via email, thanks

markfini

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 03:19:46 AM »
I have the same Problem today,  every time I try to open the app on my iPhone 5 or iPad, the app crashes after 1 second! I tried deleting the app and reinstalling again, no change! the app does not work even when icamsource is not running. please help...

dmills

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 03:41:29 AM »
I have this problem too on an iphone 4s running ios 7.0.3. icam has been running perfectly for over a year but now crashes on startup. Delete and re-install of app has no effect. >:(

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 03:50:19 AM »
Logs sent via email, thanks

Thank you for the crash logs, Paulberesford.

The crashed thread in the crash logs references StoreKit before crashing, which is the interface that apps use to communicate with Apple about in-app purchase information.

Here in the U.S. (where it is almost 3 a.m.) we are unable to replicate the issue using our own devices. Where geographically are you currently located?

It may be an issue with Apple's servers with your country or location's particular App Store. That might be why it suddenly stopped working without any update to the app itself.

Does the App Store app work correctly on your devices?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 03:58:25 AM »
Get the same on all my devices from 10am EST today, wifi or 3/4g all the same

The first report we had of this issue was approximately 8 PM PST (here in the U.S.) which was almost 7 hours ago. 10 am EST in Australia (AEST) was approximately 10 hours ago, is that correct?

Paulberesford

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 04:04:16 AM »
Yes located in Australia here (Melbourne).  About 10hours ago sounds right.

The App Store seems to be working fine, can purchase and update fine.

It seems on startup, I have one device that has icam always open, it is still running since I haven't closed the app today.

Paulberesford

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 04:07:26 AM »
Checking my crash logs, first crash was 11.09am EST (+11)

markfini

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 04:53:04 AM »
H. 11.52  Italy  every time I try to open the app on my iPhone 5 or iPad, the app crashes after 1 second! I

venus1986

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 04:57:56 AM »
If you delete and then re-install iCam on your phone, does it crash before you are even able to enter your Login and Password?

Does it make a difference if your devices are connected via WiFi or 3G/LTE, if available?

If iCam is crashing, there should be crash logs. Here is the direct link for instructions on how to locate crash logs from your iPhone/iPad: http://www.ondemandworld.com/how-to-find-crash-logs/

If you find any iCam crash logs, please send the most recent ones to support@skjm.com and we will hopefully be able to further troubleshoot the issue.

- App crashes before being able to enter password and login
- no difference on 3G
- crash logs sent to support@skjm.com
- Appstore works fine
- located in Germany

Thanks...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 04:58:37 AM »
Yes located in Australia here (Melbourne).  About 10hours ago sounds right.

The App Store seems to be working fine, can purchase and update fine.

It seems on startup, I have one device that has icam always open, it is still running since I haven't closed the app today.

Thank you for that additional information.

Upon further investigation, it appears as if Apple's servers may not be sending back the correct description of the Private Proxy Data in-app purchase item. The description should be "25 MB of Private Proxy Data" but Apple's servers must be sending something else back that is causing the crash.

The app expects the description to start with "<num> MB" so that it knows how much data a user will receive when they purchase the Private Proxy Data item. It is likely that the description does not start with "25 MB" in this case, and that is what is causing the crash.

Our US-based devices are not crashing, but when changing our phone to use the Australian or Italian stores, it does crash. Changing the store back to US results in no crash once again.

Here is the YouTube video we used to change our iPhone's App Store country: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8rbF8Cue7k

We are going to reach out to Apple to see if they can shed some light on this issue, but in the meantime, temporarily changing your Apple ID to be registered in the US should cause iCam to stop crashing on startup.

kingkongw24

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 05:16:26 AM »
hi just wanted to confirm that after changing the store to US from Australia it works fine too. please update when it will be fixed.

venus1986

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 05:22:11 AM »
Thank you very much! After changing to US store its working fine again...