Author Topic: 3G Problems...  (Read 3520 times)

farmerb

• View Profile
3G Problems...
« on: December 19, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »
Hi there,

I bought this app today. I installed source on my vista machine etc... My single webcam was detected and working on my internal wifi on my iphone. It wouldnt work on 3G however, so I followed the help in ythis forum (very useful) to port forward, and hey presto, the cam was viewable over 3G.

I was so impressed with the app that I went out and bought another £30 webcam (So now i have 2 x MS VX3000s) and installed this webcam on another PC in my house also running vista.

I changed the port range for this cam to 12200 - 12300 (The first cam is default 12000-12100) in my router settings for 3G and alas, it worked over my internal wifi network on the iphone...

However,

I then tried it on 3G and it was giving me the ''source connection error'' message [showing 0/2 cams also!!]. Strange. So i checked all my router port settings for both cams and couldnt find any typos or problems. I restarted both cams to see if that helped.

I then tried it again on the iphone over 3G - and it worked!!

Content, I turned wifi back on my iphone and forgot about it.

I tried it over 3G (full signal) later this evening (not having touched/changed anything on the 2 cams or router's settings etc..) and it was back to the old ''source connection error'' message. I've tried rebooting the router (remotley over 3G on my iphone), restarting the cams etc...

It has not worked again since on 3G - All I ever get is the ''source connection error'' message.

It will work on an external wifi network (My mates) so I believe the port forwarding is okay.

Both icam and source apps are latest versions (downloaded today).

Please help - I really need this to work over 3G, as I'm barely on external wifi networks as I'm a mobile engineer by trade.

Looking forward to your response, let me know if I can assist you further?

Thanks in advance for any help offered,

Looking forward to using this great app out on the road over 3G.

FB

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 3G Problems...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:00:34 PM »
farmerb is currently receiving support via e-mail. We will try to post any pertinent updates to this thread. :)

Seanyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »
My 3G connection has always worked fine up until this latest update then all went to crap and I have had this app for about a year and have updated a few times on both my iPod touch and iPhone. I am begining to regret this purchase as now I fell lost not being able to check my cameras when I am away from home. The developers need to go back a few steps here and really figure this out. Without being able to connect over 3g renders this app totally useless to me now and many others I'm sure! >:(

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 01:07:12 AM »
We haven't received any more 3G support requests with the latest update ... Perhaps something changed on your network or your wireless provider's network that suddenly caused an issue.

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is in addition to the error messages you are seeing then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Coguar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 02:16:56 PM »
Seanboy, easy this app is great and for me work very fine ... never have problem over 3G or even eDGE ...

Zarkov

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 04:21:34 PM »
Stefan, I have used a Linksys camera and an iMac with iSight simultaneously on iCam without problems.  Notably, my port forwarding is 12000-12100 for BOTH cameras (that is, in both instantiations of iCam Source). Could this be his problem?  Maybe it won't work if you use other port settings.