Author Topic: Logitech Sphere pan/tilt support on iCam  (Read 5776 times)

Bobbybobby

• View Profile
Logitech Sphere pan/tilt support on iCam
« on: November 29, 2009, 10:00:12 AM »
Hello

i have an logitech sphere usb web cam.. Great thing! But i realy would like to use the pan/tilt function in iCam when is this option comming in your great app??

And how do i get more webcams on a mac??

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Logitech Sphere pan/tilt support on iCam
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 11:49:28 AM »
Other users have requested the ability to control their PTZ cameras, and that is on our list of potential features to add to iCam in the future.  Unfortunately, I can't give really give a timeframe for the feature.  When deciding which features to add to iCam, it really comes down to which one is requested most and how difficult it is.  Adding PTZ for each camera manufacturer is a complex process, and the number of users requesting it is fairly small in comparison to some other requested features.

Many users have had success viewing multiple cameras on the same computer by running multiple instances of iCamSource.

To do that on a Mac, you'll need to make a copy of the iCamSource application for each camera.  First, run the first iCamSource and set up the first camera.  Then run the second copy of iCamSource and set up the second camera.  Make sure that all instances of iCamSource have the exact same login and password entered.

Bobbybobby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »
Thanks for the super fast reply!

Can we do some kind of a poll with all the requests you allready have??so that whe All can vote!!

Who likes this idea?? 

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:56:06 PM by Bobbybobby »

alexie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 01:02:33 AM »
the sphere/orbit AF is a great webcam it would be cool to TanTiltZoom this device in icam!

Coguar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 10:33:26 AM »
Me 2 waiting suport for Logitech Sphere / Orbit, this is definitive the best and first home cam that must be a supported ...

Tnx in advance

Corey415

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 07:09:40 PM »
I also concur that PTZ support for the Logitech Orbit would be killer.  I imagine you could charge for each type of camera as an in app purchase. 

pixelbrat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 10:20:10 AM »
Add me to the list who would love PTZ ability for the Logitech Orbit.  I'd even be willing to pay for this ability as an in-app purchase.

leeway99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 02:21:31 AM »
The PTZ function can be added into in-game purchase, I will buy it !!!!
Please add this ASAP, thanks!