Author Topic: icamsource won't work with iMac  (Read 1843 times)

yurio

• View Profile
icamsource won't work with iMac
« on: November 10, 2009, 06:11:55 AM »
i just downloaded icamsource to my imac, but it doesn't show isight on the list. video input pulldown says isight but there is none to choose above. isight works perfectly with other applications and my imac is pretty standard iMac 2.4 GHz 7,1 with Leopard 10.5.8 running. no other application running.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: icamsource won't work with iMac
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:29:13 AM »
Do you have all of the latest OS X updates installed, particularly QuickTime? This is the Built-In iSight webcam, correct? Are there any entries in the iCamSource Video drop-down list?

yurio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:59:12 PM »
QT is 7.6.4 the latest. I do check Software Update every few days. the last time early this week. there is no entry at all in the iCam Source preferences window. do you think QuickTime plugins like Flip4Mac and Perian which are i think 'must' to have cannot be used with iCamSource?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »
I read your initial post again, and you say that the Video input pulldown says iSight ... Is that not what you want to choose? I guess I am a little confused.

Can you send a screenshot of your iCamSource to support@skjm.com? Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.