Author Topic: I surrender  (Read 3155 times)

antipro

• View Profile
I surrender
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:09:34 AM »
Well.. I'm abandoning this app, it is clear as daylight that icamsource and probably also icam, should be rewritten, modified radically. So when you decide to do something about the lag, crashes, low usage of bandwidth, the fps and high consumption of CPU, send me an email. Meanwhile enjoy my money.

"NOTICE: If you are ever having issues please contact support instead of just leaving a bad review as we have no way of contacting you to help resolve your problem. Thanks!"

when?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:27:02 PM by antipro »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: I surrender
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »
No offense, man, but you're being a little ridiculous. The support they provide is free...and they have been trying to help you troubleshoot your issues (I've seen them respond to a couple of your support requests on this forum). I'm a very active user on this forum, and I do not recall seeing anyone else post about your specific issues...meaning that it's likely that your issue(s) are probably specific to your system/network/phone/etc. It sucks that it's not working flawlessly for you like it is for most everyone else...but to act like they're not trying to help you isn't right. And while I have seen SKJM bend over backwards to help a single user (including creating logging versions of icamsource, etc), I'm thinking they won't be rewriting their program to address a problem that seemingly only exists for you. You realize that SKJM is a small company (I think they have 2 programmers) with several apps/programs to continually develop/improve and provide support for, right? So expecting them to drop everything to help you IMMEDIATELY is unrealistic. I hope you find another app that works for you.

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:05:48 PM »
ridiculous is the time I spent on this app..

my system only? I don't think so as i tested it on many systems

immediately...
March 09, 2011 - here I am..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:24:07 PM by antipro »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »
Maybe your network? Have you tried a different router? Have you tried manual port forwarding? Maybe your ISP? Who knows...there's a hundred things that it could be.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »
ridiculous is the time I spent on this app..

my system only? I don't think so as i tested it on many systems

immediately...
March 09, 2011 - here I am..

No other users are reporting this issue, so the fair assumption is that it is an issue specific to your system / setup.

As for your original post in March of 2011, Jay did respond to you numerous times: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=1708.0

I understand that this kind of troubleshooting can be frustrating, but please understand that we want our software to work, we want our users to be happy and satisfied, and when that doesn't happen it is frustrating for us as well.

We offer a number of popular mobile apps, and as you can see from the post count in each of our support sub-forums, the most support requests we receive are for iCam: http://skjm.com/forum/

As OUAnthony mentioned, there are many different components that can affect iCam (computer hardware / software, network configuration, ISP issues) that there is no single "silver bullet" solution to every problem.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:10:54 AM by SKJM Support »

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »
well, I will come back with a new router and new iphone.
need money.