Author Topic: iCam Source crashes on iPhone access  (Read 4519 times)

miken

• View Profile
iCam Source crashes on iPhone access
« on: August 27, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »
I can get both the source and app to run and see the feed on the iPhone.  As soon as i try to select the feed on the iphone, the source crashes.  I have searched the board but haven't been able to find any solutions for exactly what I am experiencing.  I have uninstalled both and reinstalled severa times and deleted the files from the Library folder with no luck.  I have the crash log if you would like to see it, just let me know where to send it.

Thanks
Mike

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Source crashes on iPhone access
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 06:34:18 PM »
Please send the most recent crash log to support@skjm.com. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

miken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:06:11 PM »
Log has been sent.  Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:39:37 PM »
Thank you for that.

From the crash log it looks like it is related to the sending of audio to iCam. What device do you have selected in the Audio drop-down list of your iCamSource? Also, if you turn off Audio in the iCam Options on your phone, are you then able to connect?

miken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »
In iCamSource i have selected "built-in microphone".  When i switch it "no audio" in iCamSource, it works.  Alternatively when i switch the audio off on the phone it works too.  So can I just not have audio with the built-in mic?  Not a major thing for me but I'm sure other users might want that.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:41:29 AM »
Audio should work with the iCamSource, and many users do use it without issue.

If you open your System Preferences window on your Mac and select Sound, is the Build-In Microphone also selected under the Input tab? Do you know if there are any other applications that are currently using the mic at the same time, possibly causing the iCamSource to "fight" over it?

In iCamSource i have selected "built-in microphone".  When i switch it "no audio" in iCamSource, it works.  Alternatively when i switch the audio off on the phone it works too.  So can I just not have audio with the built-in mic?  Not a major thing for me but I'm sure other users might want that.

miken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 08:29:01 AM »
Still no luck.  The built in microphone is selected in my System Preferences and when I select the built in microphone in icamsource it still crashes.  I have nothing else running that uses the microphone.  So not sure what's going on.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
Which model Mac are you currently using? If you select the Apple menu and then choose About This Mac and click the More Information button it will give a description similar to "Mac Pro - Mid 2010" or "MacBook Air - 13-inch, Mid 2012" ...

Also, have you tried unplugging any USB peripherals that are connected to your Mac before launching the iCamSource and then attempting to connect?

miken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »
I have a MacBool Pro 15-inch, late 2011.  And I don't have any other peripherals plugged in to the laptop.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 06:14:53 PM »
I am assuming that the microphone input works with other apps like Photo Booth without crashing?

miken

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »
Yes.  I have used it with other things including Skype too.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 08:45:32 PM »
Have you tried both checking and un-checking the Android checkbox in the iCamSource to see if still crashes under both circumstances? (The "Android" audio will also work with the iPhone version of iCam.)