Author Topic: URL of my iPhone/iPad?  (Read 21537 times)

Andybtsn

• View Profile
URL of my iPhone/iPad?
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
Hi all,

I have scoured the forums looking for an answer to this issue but am unable to pinpoint where the problem lies.

Source on my PC and the iCam appear to be communicating as there is no error of the iCam being unable to find source, the problem is no video ever appears on the Source.

I have my iPhone4 using ipCam

On Source it says "Cannot find JPEG data"

(Please note: I want my iPhone to be the camera)

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:41:11 AM by Andybtsn »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: URL of my iPhone/iPad?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 04:48:25 PM »
The iPhone/iPad cameras are not Wi-Fi network IP cameras. You can set up your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad as a WiFi network IP camera with our latest app ipCam.

In order to view it on your computer or another iDevice it would then need to connected, like any other WiFi network IP camera, to a computer running iCamSource.

More information about ipCam can be found here: http://skjm.com/ipcam/

Andybtsn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 08:54:03 AM »
Hi,

I purchased that, thanks. I have spent over £5 now and I can't say I'm impressed.

The iPhone will work temporally but then will freeze, start working again, freeze, etc, I have the frame rate down to 0 so it should be able to transmit the video back now problems

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »
Thanks for that additional information.

What MJPEG URL are you using in iCamSource. Also, which radio button do you currently have selected JPEG or MJPEG?

Andybtsn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »
Hi, the URL is: http://192.168.0.5/video.mjpg

MPJEG, it appears to work but then will suddenly stop when you actually place the camera somewhere.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 05:11:26 PM »
Is your phone (running ipCam) losing connectivity to your wifi network? If not, is the signal weak? Normal IP cameras suffer over wireless because of variations or complete loss of wifi signal.

Andybtsn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 03:03:17 AM »
I live in a small three bedroom house where I can take any laptop/iphone into any room and have full signal to the router, no reason why this should suffer but its useless for me at the moment. How do i go about claiming a refund?

Andybtsn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »
I guess I shouldn't of mentioned refund...

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »
We apologize for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, developers are not given the ability to issue refunds for App Store purchases, since we do not have any credit card information (or any other information) about the people that purchase the app.

The email receipt you received from Apple when you purchased the app should have a "Report a Concern" link that you can use to contact Apple. That is the only way we know of to get a refund for apps.