Author Topic: Updated to latest iCamsource Beta, now one of my IP cameras is missing  (Read 4016 times)

viop-ninja

• View Profile
I run iCamsource as a service and have it set up and configured to talk to three Panasonic IP cameras on my network.  Since updating iCamsource, even if I start and stop the service, I only ever see two of the three cameras.

Anything I can do to fix this?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thank you for your post.

We have not tested iCamSource running as a service. Have you tried clearing the Cameras List and re-adding the cameras to iCamSource?

viop-ninja

• View Profile
Hi there, I realize that running it as a service is probably not supported, but there are a few pretty detailed threads on the subject (and I've contributed to those) and it's always worked up until now.

I just went ahead and stopped the service and then ran iCamSource manually.  I see that it has a manual port range 12000-12100 that I've forwarded from my router.

The first camera entry comes up immediately, but if I select one of the other two cameras I see a gray screen for a few seconds along with some application text that says "cannot find JPEG data.  Your network IP camera may not be supported".

However, if I wait a few seconds, the video stream comes up (but the error text remains).

Just for grins I tried to configure it with the Auto-Config Router option, it complains that UPnP might not be enabled.

Any further troubleshooting I can do?  As an aside it appears that I can no longer access my cameras via 3G cellular on AT&T either, and that also used to work with no drama.

viop-ninja

• View Profile
Okay, a little more information.

I left the service disabled (although I'd really like to get it working again) and started messing around with the iCamSource camera settings.  I observed that if I remove camera login/password fields that iCam instantly connects with all three cameras and does not give the previously mentioned error.

However, I still could not see camera #2.  I removed the camera and re-added it with a new name.  This seems to have gotten the camera working, but even on wi-fi I am getting occasional broker connection error messages.

I will try it on 3G next, but not too optimistic that it's going to be reliable.  I verified on my router that my forwarded port range is intact and forwarding properly.  Do I have to use UpNP (I notice I can choose both?) to get connection broker to work properly in this version?

Thanks.

viop-ninja

• View Profile
Also, even though I only have three cameras, iCam is putting the three cameras into the six panel view on my iPhone, which is a bit disconcerting.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
So it sounds like you have the cameras up a running properly. Is that correct?

If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration and of the iCamSource preference pane to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings. Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

viop-ninja

• View Profile
Thanks for the response and sorry for not replying sooner.  It is now working, however I am getting duplicates of all of my camera feeds, so, for my three cameras I am getting six feeds total.

Let me know if I still should email support over this issue or if there is another way to clear it up.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Please send a screenshot of the iCamSource preference page to support@skjm.com Please reference this forum post and your username.