Author Topic: Password protect iCam iOS app?  (Read 1630 times)

theboyk

• View Profile
Password protect iCam iOS app?
« on: February 27, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »
Hello.

Is there any way to password protect the opening of the iCam app on iOS devices? Or any other way of making it difficult for anyone with access to the phone to start viewing the streams?

Thanks,
Kristin.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Password protect iCam iOS app?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »
Thank you for your post.

There is not official way, however, you can delete the Login/Password from the iCam Options screen. It will display a "Login Required" screen. Re-enter the Login/Pass when you want access the iCamSource.

Also, that is not a feature that has been requested in the past but we will add it to our list of potential features to implement in the future.

theboyk

• View Profile
Re: Password protect iCam iOS app?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »
Yea, I've been removing the password for quite some time now, but I've been adding more cameras (IP-based) to the network, so I've been going in and out of the program a lot more lately (testing) and thought that it would really make things a lot easier (and more secure) if there was the option for password-protection on an application level (on top of the stream-level that's already built in). So, if this feature could be considered for a future update, I'm sure all users would benefit from it (as some of us are using feeds into our homes, the more security, the better).

Thanks,
Kristin.