Author Topic: Why sudden "Error Code 14 - Render Stream Failed"?  (Read 1929 times)

oceanclub

• View Profile
Why sudden "Error Code 14 - Render Stream Failed"?
« on: January 01, 2012, 10:18:09 AM »
Hi all,

Have my cam running while on holiday. Worked fine for about 10 days, but then the camera did not seem to be detected motion. Using LogMeIn, I logged back into my home computer in order to turn iCamSource off, then on. However, I then got the above error. Was wondering why I would get this if already operating successfully??

P.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Why sudden "Error Code 14 - Render Stream Failed"?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
USB or IP camera? Maybe the camera froze up? If an IP camera, try going to the camera's IP address in IE or another browser and see if you are able to view the camera's feed. If you can't access it, you'll probably have to physically be present to reboot the camera. Then you might try using a different URL to access the camera's feed (like the jpeg feed instead of the mjpeg feed). Also, if a wireless IP camera, make sure the camera has good signal strength.

If a USB camera, with icamsource stopped, try using the camera's software to access the camera. If you can't access it, try unplugging the camera and plugging it back in. I remember people in the past having stability issues with USB cameras when using USB extender cables or having too many USB devices plugged into their computer. There is a way to potentially restart a USB camera in Windows without being physically present by using the device manager. Let me know if you don't know how to do it.

If it's some other possible issue, I'm sure the SKJM guys will reply.