Author Topic: Having trouble getting pictures sent to my phone.  (Read 5819 times)

GrmCkr6

• View Profile
Having trouble getting pictures sent to my phone.
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
I just got an iPhone 4s and I get the notifications on my phone but no pics.  It says one or more of the icam sources returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to.  I have a mac with a Linksis E2500 router by Cisco.  Please help.

GrmCkr6

• View Profile
Re: Having trouble getting pictures sent to my phone.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »
I finally got it to work but I can only view the cam on wifi, I thought you could view it on 3g too?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 12:01:54 AM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If it still doesn't work with that option enabled, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox in iCamSource.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

GrmCkr6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 04:06:52 PM »
Sorry I was on vacation, I did get iCam to work but I still can only view it while I am on wifi.  3g won't allow me to view it.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »
Sorry I was on vacation, I did get iCam to work but I still can only view it while I am on wifi.  3g won't allow me to view it.

Please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox in iCamSource.

GrmCkr6

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »
It says Source Connection Error, One or more of the iCam Sources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.  This only happens on 3g, on wifi it works like a charm.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »
Thank you for that additional information.

The status message that I am referring to should be next to the Auto-Config Router check-box in iCamSource on your computer.

GrmCkr6

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »
UPnP Success 12000 -> 12000

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 10:09:10 PM »
The UPnP success message indicates that the port has been opened successfully in the router. The port might be blocked by another router on the network. Are there any other routers on the network? What are the Brand/Model of all routers on the network? What is the Brand/Model of your cable/DSL modem? Some modems have an integrated router that could cause this problem.

It's also possible that the router is in a bad state. You can check that by rebooting the router. To do that, unplug the router's power cable for about ten seconds, then plug the power cable back in. Once the router has rebooted, try running iCamSource again.

GrmCkr6

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 04:22:05 PM »
It is a brand new router, its a Linksys E2500 router and thats the only router hooked up to the computer but I do have a sprint airaive hooked up too. My modem is an RCA and I use mediacom as my provider and it is a Mac.  For the life of me I can not find where the pictures are stored on the computer either.

GrmCkr6

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 05:38:14 PM »
Bump!!!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 10:39:11 PM »
Does the computer have two network connections, one from the Sprint device and another from the router?

What is the model of the RCA modem?

GrmCkr6

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »
No the Sprint device is connected into the router.  The RCA Modem model : DCM425

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 08:14:23 PM »
It does not appear that your modem has an integrated router. If that is the case, the next step is to forward ports to your router.

Here is a link to the port forwarding instructions for your particular router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cisco/Linksys-E2000/default.htm

Following these instructions:

Forward the port range 12000-12100 (UDP protocol)  to the computer running the iCamSource.

Once this is done and you've enabled port forwarding in the iCamSource program, you should be able to access your iCamSource.

To enable port forwarding in the iCamSource program, follow the directions in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402

Please let me know if you have any questions about any of these instructions.

GrmCkr6

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »
Thank you for all your help, I got it working today  ;D