Author Topic: Really Confused (I was happy!)  (Read 2824 times)

bluesky

• View Profile
Really Confused (I was happy!)
« on: July 09, 2009, 07:53:12 AM »
I’ve just downloaded the latest version of icam source for my mac...

The previous version worked really well and I was really happy with it. 

Anyway, now I have the following problems. 
1 – It doesn’t appear in the task at the bottom of the screen 
2 – When I can find it – I can’t minimize it (no icon) 
3 – It won’t let me un-mount the icon on my desktop – and states that it’s operating still??? I have to keep restarting my imac (running Leopard – Computer  months old). 
4 – When I did have it running, I couldn’t click on the motion detect settings. 
5 – I’d like to go back to the very stable previous version but can’t find it anywhere. 

Any ideas please?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Really Confused (I was happy!)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »
I do apologize for the confusion.

To answer your questions:

1. The dock icon has been replaced with an icon in the menu bar (near the clock), as per many user requests.

2. If you close the window it is still running and can be opened again via the menu bar icon.

3. If you can see the icon in the menu bar then yes, it is still running. Clicking on the icon will allow you to close the iCamSource.

4. Do you mean you were unable to click on the "Send Push Notifications" checkbox? Or were you unable to access the motion detection slider? The checkbox will become enabled if and when you purchase the $0.99 Push on Motion add-on in iCam. Once you have done that and connected to the iCamSource, the checkbox will become enabled. Unfortunately we are still waiting on Apple to approved the Push on Motion In App Purchase add-on, but hopefully we will have this resolved soon.

5. If you still want to use the previous Mac version (1.1.4), it can be downloaded here: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource.dmg

Hopefully that answers your questions.  :)