Author Topic: Audio Source Changing  (Read 3214 times)

blusnapper

• View Profile
Audio Source Changing
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:04:57 AM »
I'm amazed at how easy it is to get this application working.  Very user friendly - great piece of software.
However, I do have a small problem.  When I set the audio source to my webcam mic it defaults back to my computer mic on exiting the program.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Source Changing
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »
Do you mean every time you have to restart the iCamSource that you have to choose the webcam mic as opposed to the computer mic? Are you running the Windows or Mac version of the iCamSource?

blusnapper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 06:03:27 AM »
Stefan, thanks for the prompt reply.  The answer to your query is Yes. The webcam mike works fine but it's irratating having to reselect it each time I restart the program.  I am running the Windows version.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:29:07 AM »
Thank you for that additional information. What version of the iCamSource are you running?

blusnapper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:50:38 AM »
I am using iCamSource 1.1.2 downloaded only a few days ago.  I note however that 1.1.3 is now available for download and I suppose it makes sense to try that and report back.
Question: Do I need to remove 1.1.2 before installing the new version?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 08:16:33 AM »
No, you shouldn't need to uninstall the 1.1.2 version to upgrade to 1.1.3.

Also, version 1.1.3 was released in April, if I recall correctly. We have been working on the 1.2.x BETA versions since that time. :)

blusnapper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
Hi Stefan

I have downloaded iCamSource (it states 1.1.3) from the official website yet when I install it it shows the strapline iCamSource 1.1.2 in the window?  Just to be certain I removed the program using the repair/remove facility, rebooted by computer and downloaded the program again.  It still shows as 1.1.2?  Completely puzzled!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 04:43:35 PM »
My apologies, for you are correct. :-[

The executable must have been overwritten for some reason when we last did a backup of our web site.

I have replaced the executable with the actual 1.1.3 install, and again I do apologize for the confusion.

blusnapper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 03:48:21 AM »
Hi Stefan, version 1.1.3 has solved the problem :)  Many thanks for your prompt support.
Great application - keep up the good work.