Author Topic: Need help/advice on what camera  (Read 2047 times)

brian4610

• View Profile
Need help/advice on what camera
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »
I apologize for posting here, i'm not sure what to do...

I'm trying to figure out how to stream a video baby monitor seen herehttp://www.securebaby.com/sb860qgp719.html to my iphone, and wondered if the icam app, or anyone on this board would be able to help me out.  i've yet to purchase the product, and will listen to others and their experiences...

I need to have a video monitor that has a handheld unit, and i'd like to have the ability to view it on my iphone when i'm away from home.  I'm sure it might require a bit of 'do it yourself' if it's possible at all.

any advice is truly appreciated.  Ive heard nothing but good things about iCam, and i'm hopeful that i can use it to see my home baby monitor.

thanks.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help/advice on what camera
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:01:15 AM »
 iCam supports USB/Built-in/Firewire webcam and Ethernet/Wi-Fi cameras.  From looking at the specifications for that baby monitor, it appears to use 2.4 GHz radio communication (similar to cordless phones), so it probably won't work with iCam. 

Are you able to view the video from the camera on your computer? 

brian4610

• View Profile
Re: Need help/advice on what camera
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:42:31 AM »
i haven't purchased anything yet, so i'm trying to figure out what to get....

it seems everything that is viewable on the web is windows only, and if it is viewable on the web with a mac, there is no handheld unit....