Author Topic: Network DVR support  (Read 1966 times)

bocarules

• View Profile
Network DVR support
« on: May 17, 2009, 09:13:11 PM »
I have a digimerge network DVR with seven cameras.  I put in the URL and password and it cannot connect.   Is it that the DVR outputs in MPEG4 format or am I missing something here.   I did try getting images with my computer's webcam and it worked great.  I would love to see the other cameras though.  Would love some help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Network DVR support
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:42:05 PM »
The cameras may be compatible with the current version of the iCamSource, but as we have not tested our software on that particular hardware, I cannot say for sure. Unfortunately the streaming video formats vary among different network device manufacturers and even among different device models by the same manufacturer.

We are currently working with our users to support the devices they have, so if the iCamSource does not currently support that particular model, it might do sometime in the near future.

One way we can test this is for you to run your device with a temporary test login and password and e-mail that information to support@skjm.com to allow us to connect to it to determine how the video stream is formatted. If the current version of the iCamSource supports it, then we will let you know how it should be configured. If not, then we will work to include that functionality in the next BETA release.

Thanks. :)