Author Topic: Will iCam work for me?  (Read 2174 times)

bcamshoper

• View Profile
Will iCam work for me?
« on: April 04, 2011, 11:30:34 AM »
My apartment got broken into, so I want to setup some type of video surveillance in the apartment.  However, I am not sure that iCam is what I need.  I want something that will notify me whenever there is motion (which this does). 

Also, I want to be able to look at stills or video of what was captured.  If someone breaks in, it's great to know about it, but I want to be able to show the cops a picture or video of the intruder.  Does iCam allow this? 

Another thing, from what I understand, I have to run this thru a computer, meaning I have to keep a computer on all the time.  I don't mind doing this, however, if someone breaks in and takes the computer, I'm screwed.  Is there a way that I can use a wireless webcam and set the webcam up in my living room/bedroom and have the computer hidden in a closet so they don't find it? 

Or does anyone have any different suggestions on how I should go about setting up a video surveillance system in my apartment?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Will iCam work for me?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
One of the main features of iCam is the ability for the iCamSource to send Push Notifications to your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad as well as record Motion Events to your computer whenever motion is detected.

A number of users use the free DropBox service to automatically mirror the Motion Events recorded by the iCamSource to a remote server in case the computer is turned off or stolen. There is also a free iPhone DropBox application that you can use to view your files away from a computer. http://dropbox.com/