Author Topic: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages  (Read 223737 times)

davep

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2011, 07:56:20 PM »
I'm now getting this error message:  UPnP 2: NAT-PMP3,-5,0   Now what shoud I do?    Thanks...   Dave

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2011, 10:46:28 AM »
The UPnP/NAT-PMP error message indicates that your router either does not support UPnP or NAT-PMP or it is not enabled. What is the make and model of your router?

If you uncheck the Auto-Config Router checkbox are you not able to connect to your iCamSource when your iPhone is connected via 3G?

davep

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2011, 12:10:41 PM »
Go figure.  Even with that error message it is now working.......   Wow...   Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2011, 03:55:13 PM »
Excellent news. :)

analog

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2011, 02:06:09 AM »
I can connect with wifi but not 3G. I'am getting the error UPNP_AddPortMapping() Error -111 NAT-PMP 3,-7,61. Any help would be much appreciated.

monmon1977

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »
Wow...   Thanks

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2011, 11:15:15 PM »
analog - That error indicates that there is already a port forwarding rule for that port in your router.  Did you already manually configure port forwarding on your router?  If so, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser:

http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12000 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer. If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is open. If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

analog

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2011, 04:22:15 AM »
analog - That error indicates that there is already a port forwarding rule for that port in your router.  Did you already manually configure port forwarding on your router?  If so, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser:

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12000 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer. If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is open. If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

It says that the port is blocked even though I have tried to setup port forwarding manually. I'm running a engenius ESR-9753 router btw.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »
Please send screenshot(s) of your router port forwarding settings to support@skjm.com.  Refer to this forum thread in your email.

joelin

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »
i keep getting error upnp 0 : Nat- PMP 3, -5,0. I fallow the instruction on open my port 1200-12100 and check on the box port range 1200-12100 on the icam source but still i get the error. plz help i got linksys model wrk54g

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2011, 05:42:52 PM »
joelin - I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser:

davidwaynea0

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2011, 08:22:20 AM »
Hey guys if your icam and icamsource dont connect with each other just stop the video feed, and go to the bottom left corner of the preferences and select "Auto config router". reboot your computer and phone and it should work perfectly. both on WIFI and 3G.

icamcb

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2011, 10:10:54 AM »
No Sources Found after several days of working properly.

This is a great app. Thanks! I had two cams running for several days while I was away, each connected to a separate computer, viewing both with the same userid and password on my iPod Touch. After 5 days one of cams disappeared then 3 days later the second one disappeared and iCam reported No Sources Found. When I got home the iCamSource was running properly on both computers and the camera images were visible on the computer monitors. After clicking Stop and then Start in iCamSource  the cameras could be seen again on my iPod Touch.

What do you suggest to fix this "No Sources Found" problem?

Thanks.

Followup: Dell's PC Checkup was scheduled to run a full scan on the same days the two cameras disappeared. Could this cause the loss of connection without crashing iCamSource? Both computers are a few years old and run Windows XP.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:06:35 PM by icamcb »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »
I am not sure if Dell's PC Checkup would cause the iCamSources to disconnect somehow. If you re-run the scan do the iCamSources again lose their connection?

icamcb

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2011, 10:46:18 AM »
I'll traveling again but will check this when I get back. In the meantime are there any other things that commonly cause the connection between the computer and your server to fail after several days? (without crashing iCamSource. It appeared to be running properly when I returned. I just needed to click the Stop then Start button in iCamSource to regain the camera feed on the iPod Touch.) Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:49:06 AM by icamcb »