Author Topic: aha! but can you make the app do THIS!  (Read 4312 times)

freestyler

• View Profile
aha! but can you make the app do THIS!
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:42:11 AM »
Hey..

so far its nifty... but to be really great i would petition you to include these enhancements for your consideration

1. turn off the greenlight (no one wants a tattletale!) on the isight when in cam!

2. a background server process that doesnt show the desktop any evidence of it being in use
(how am i meant to catch a lazy nanny being lazy when she can see im keeping an eye on her)

3. the service should be independant of the desktop (so if i switch to a different user, the software continues to function)

4. hella-cool .. the service can be 'online' but without being active ... ie the server process can be contactable and receive an instruction to
'begin transmitting video'

:D

chime in people if you think these enhancements are what you want too :)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: aha! but can you make the app do THIS!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »
Most of those features have been requested by other people, so they'll probably be showing up in future versions of iCamSource (except maybe the iSight light, that doesn't appear to be possible)

Bill_martin1@mac.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 10:54:08 AM »
Partial Quote:
.....(except maybe the iSight light, that doesn't appear to be possible)

Put a piece of white electrical tape over it.

pstott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 05:11:56 PM »
Hey..

so far its nifty... but to be really great i would petition you to include these enhancements for your consideration

1. turn off the greenlight (no one wants a tattletale!) on the isight when in cam!

Can't do it with my USB Cam but the Linksys Wireless Camera allows you to turn off the green light from within it's bundled software.

2. a background server process that doesnt show the desktop any evidence of it being in use
(how am i meant to catch a lazy nanny being lazy when she can see im keeping an eye on her)

Try a program called Hide any Window http://www.morun.net/www/support/help/hideanywindow/ It works great with Icam and most any other program you don't want to be seen.
3. the service should be independant of the desktop (so if i switch to a different user, the software continues to function)

rich_schneider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:08:04 AM »
I have a Logitech 9000 and the light can be turned off.  However I also have a winbook camera and that one can not.