Author Topic: Website embedding  (Read 2260 times)

syme

• View Profile
Website embedding
« on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:22 PM »
Hello.  I'm just going to throw this out there and hopefully make some sense.  Perhaps somebody will have some ideas on the matter.
My employer, like a lot of big companies has their internet accessibility tighter than Hetty Rowland Green's hand around her pocketbook.  We can not access youtube for example and in relation to this website are prevented from making a UDP connection.
So, I was thinking.  Is there a way to take what is available, the "Share:" link info and:

1.  Embed it into a personal website, so that the image from the webcam is shown.
2.  Create a script, etc. that will update the embedded image shown by refreshing the link say every 5 minutes or an hour.

If this is not possible currently, is this something SKJM master programmers of the universe can try to incorporate in a future release to make this possible?

Hopefully I have given enough information and explained this scenario well enough to understand.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Website embedding
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 10:55:57 PM »
Unfortunately, all of the data transferred by iCam, including the data at the "Share:" link are transferred by through UDP.  That link loads a Java Applet which handles UDP communication within the web browser, so your employer's network would still block it.

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:18:11 AM »
If you have an iPhone, you can turn WiFi off, and use the 3G connection to view the stream... or YouTube  ;)

syme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »
Thanks Dean but I don't have an iphone but an ipod touch.   :(