Author Topic: Audio and WiFi issues  (Read 3382 times)

y2kemo

• View Profile
Audio and WiFi issues
« on: March 21, 2009, 03:44:16 PM »
Hello,
You've got a great app. I can hardly wait for the updates.

Couple of questions:

1. Why does the audio work on zoom (iPhone) and then quit working at a later running of the program? The iCamSource program is continually running and no changes have been made, yet the sound is spotty.

2. I've read posts about WiFi, but I am unsure if my question is answered. My PC is on a wired network. When I log into iCam on the iPhone on WiFi while also using WiFi on my laptop (for different reasons) the connection to my webcam is lost on my wired PC. However, when I turn WiFi off on the iPhone and use 3G I can access the camera without problems. My question is, if I'm using iCam on the Iphone over WiFi, why does the connection fail if other computers use my local WiFi network?

Many thanks,

y2kemo

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio and WiFi issues
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:55:42 PM »
y2kemo - Audio shouldn't stop working after a later running of the program. Are you running the Windows or Mac version of the iCamSource?

As for your WiFi questions, are your wired PC and WiFi Laptop on the same local network? And are they on the same local network as your iPhone when connected via WiFi? To better understand your situation it would help if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your computer and e-mail what it says your external IP address is to support@skjm.com

That way we can hopefully look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs and further troubleshoot your problem.

y2kemo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 06:38:49 AM »
Hey Stefan,
You're right. The audio shouldn't stop working but it does. On occasion, I have to restart the program to get audio working. It's weird, yes.

To answer your questions about the other scenario, both the computer and the iphone are on the same home network.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:48 AM »
What hardware device are you choosing in the Audio drop-down list? Is it the webcam's built-in microphone, or is it the computer's mic input? I wonder if another program might be taking over the audio input for some reason. Are you running Windows or Mac OS X?

As for the WiFi question, do you loose your WiFi connection on your iPhone as well? (Does the WiFi icon show a weak connection.) If you are using your laptop and you lose the connection on iCam, does tapping the refresh button (in the bottom-left corner) cause you to reconnect? If not, are you able to browse the web on your iPhone when this is happening?