Author Topic: iCam, Skype and IP Cameras  (Read 1833 times)

GaryW

• View Profile
iCam, Skype and IP Cameras
« on: December 03, 2010, 03:44:52 AM »
I've had an intermittent problem with one of my IP cams, but I think that I may have found the issue.

The scenario is that I have 3 PC's on my home network plus an Apple Airport Express and Apple TV2 (both on the WiFi network).  One of the PC's - actually an eeePC Netbook - is on all the time running iCam Source.  I've got 2 WiFi IP cams on the network, on ports 80 and 81 and everything works faultlessly when I'm at home. However, when I'm away, the camera on port 80 fails regularly. I think that I've tied this failure down to when another PC starts up with Skype set to auto run. I believe that Skype also uses port 80.

Using remote access (LogMeIn) I've changed the port from 80 to 82 and so far the camera is behaving.  Testing continues, but I'm hoping that I've sorted this out.

Still very impressed with iCam. It works very well with the eeePC and its 2 USB webcams and the 2 IP cams. Remote viewing is via iPad and iPhone 4 both running iOS 4.2.

GaryW

• View Profile
Re: iCam, Skype and IP Cameras
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 05:02:17 AM »
Hmmmm...... Not quite there yet.  The rouge IP camera has dropped off the network again. There is a chance that it's just a bit too far from the WiFi router, so I'll need to reposition it and do a bit more testing.