Author Topic: Any plans for a desktop version of iCam?  (Read 6379 times)

sdbruder

• View Profile
Any plans for a desktop version of iCam?
« on: November 04, 2010, 03:25:41 PM »
Im searching for a desktop client for iCamSource, but cant find any. I think that a clipped version of the iCamWeb page to the dashboard wont work, either.

Any chance of hope?

EDIT: Im currently using Mac OS SL.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Any plans for a desktop version of iCam?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »
We don't have any immediate plans, but if we get additional requests that may be something we develop in the future.  :)

sdbruder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:52:55 PM »
We don't have any immediate plans, but if we get additional requests that may be something we develop in the future.  :)

iCamWeb is a viable option IF there is some way to use it without the captcha. Maybe a commercial version of it?

LabradorNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »

Simple desktop version would be great. Better still with View Motion Events, which the web interface does not have.

Also, multiple log-in ability would be nice (e.g, switch between different username/password sets)

GaryW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 01:50:19 PM »
A desktop version of iCam with access to the motion capture pictures would be excellent.

I'd just like to say how pleased I am with iCam running on my iPhone and iPod - it's easily the best app of this type that I've used.  The motion capture is a killer function and works very well with my 2 USB webcams attached to an early eeePC laptop with a 20Gb solid state HD.  The eeePC is a very minimal Netbook on my home WiFi, but it does just what I need.  I use LogMeIn Ignition on the iPhone/iPad to access the iCam settings remotely.

All this just to make sure that the cat is OK while I'm away!

Keep up the good work.

dingfwen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 01:13:23 PM »
I would love a desktop version of this.  I figure a lot of folks like me want to keep an eye on their pets while at work and right now I have to bring my ipad to work and set it up like a picture frame every day.  It'd be much easier if I could just run a program on my work computer.

Either way, great product otherwise!

steveken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »
Let me add myself to the list of people who would LOVE to have a desktop client. At least put up some code fragments somewhere so that those of us who might be able to do it can get a version up and running. :)

bsdaiwa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 06:48:48 AM »
Put me down for a desktop version.

Mitchelino

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »
I, too, would love a desktop client. Would be nice to have on the Mac App Store as a paid app.

things and stuff

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
I'd also love to have a desktop client version of the iCam iphone application. I'm not sure if there's a way to make it only available to people who have paid though, which I imagine is a hurdle. Adding ads to the desktop client would be reasonable, as long as the iCamSource and iCam apps remain professional.

ICAMBONE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 08:50:09 AM »
i need a desktop client.  my motion detection notifications work on 3g but i cant see the live feeds on 3g so there fore i am unable to see the motion detected images and today i keep gettin motion detected pushes but cannot see what is causing the pushes..   i hope im not getting robbed. what do i need to do to see the live images and or push notifications while on 3g?
when i am on other wifi networks the system works. but not when i am on 3g
I so wish I could se what is going on right now>>