Author Topic: iCAMSource 2.1 crashes on my iMac !!!  (Read 1939 times)

Wally

• View Profile
iCAMSource 2.1 crashes on my iMac !!!
« on: September 19, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
Hi all -

ever since I updated, iCAMSource has been NOT running when I come home after a spell. Further, lately, it locks up my whole computer causing me to hard crash/restart !!! Unacceptable. Any ideas anyone? As I type this, I wonder if it does not know how to elegantly handle a stored files limit... I will investigate this and get back to you all..

- Wally

sealander

• View Profile
Re: iCAMSource 2.1 crashes on my iMac !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 02:47:48 PM »
I have exactly the same problem using a Silver Door Power Mac running OS 10.4.11

The iCamSource application runs fine and I can consistently access the camera using my iPhone. The problems start when I return and attempt to regain control of the computer. As soon as I use the mouse to do anything, the cursor freezes and I have to power down and re-boot. This is not a random problem. It happens every time I use iCamSource.

Wally

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »
I should have given my stats:

Earlier Intel iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo running OSX 10.5.8

I am booted off an external Firewire, but that hasn't proven to be a problem anywhere else for any reason

Everything was fine until I updated to 2.1

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you find crash logs, please email the most recent one to support@skjm.com.   Please refer to this forum thread in your email.