Author Topic: New Features?  (Read 9282 times)

frifeb

• View Profile
New Features?
« on: February 28, 2009, 05:16:50 PM »
I downloaded this application recently and I LOVE it! And now that you are done with the marvelous sound update, what are you planning next? I heard alot about the recording feature and I think that is a great expansion on this already wonderful app. But enough with the sugar coating, I was reading the FAQ on the homepage and I noticed a small error(since no one brought it up, it is VERY unnoticable) and I don't want to be a pain, but in this Q and A you forgot to add a t to AT. and I will underline it for you it for you in the passage:
 Q :  What types of cameras does the iCamSource support?
A :  The iCamSource currently supports any Built-In, FireWire or USB webcam supported by Windows XP/Vista or OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and later. It also supports FireWire-connected DV cameras on OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and later. It does not currently support network or WiFi cameras a this time.

It is nothing major, I just wanted to bring it to your attention. THANKS ALOT
-Joe

frifeb

• View Profile
Re: New Features?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
Oh and I just looked at it and made my own mistake. I didnt mean to put the thumbs down icon. I thought I had it at the standard icon. Sorry

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:57:53 AM »
Joe - Thanks for letting us know about that typo. :)

As for what's next, we're currently in a sort of "R&D" mode right now, tossing a few things at the wall, seeing what sticks. Recording is one of the things that we're considering, but we don't want to just slap it in there without fully thinking it through first.

Thanks again for the great feedback! ;D

marianralea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:30:37 PM »
About new features I'm wondering if there is possible to add an option to the iCamSource that when is minimized to be in tray.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 04:54:21 PM »
marianralea - That's a feature that has been suggested in the past and is currently on our list of potential future improvements.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 11:44:30 AM »
I would like to see atleast and expansion of camera feeds like 6 or 8 feeds instead of 4. would be a great addition. notice something too maybe you already notice this, but when using a dv camera icam only pics up the sound card from the computer and not the audio source from the Dv camera. example it wont pic up mic input from DV camgoing through firwire. not sure if its possible, but it really doesn't bother me. i can hear from my laptop built in cam and mic. but it might be bothersome for others with dv cams

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »
Alex - The 4 webcam limit is per login/password.  You can connect to as many cams as you want by using a different login/password if you have more than 4 cams.  It's not the most elegant solution, but I just wanted to point out that it is currently possible for you to connect to 6 or 8 webcams.

Also, thanks for pointing out the issue with audio from DV cameras.  We'll look into adding that capability.

yoyosma

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
May I suggest an option button in iCamSource to alert you when someone connects to your cam? My family is away and I have the camera on, sitting and reading and hanging out. I then keep getting up to see if anyone is watching (via the "Num Connected" info). Would be nice if I could choose a "ding", or not, when someone logs in.

Darrin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 04:44:33 PM »
Let me say that I love this software.  One side of our house (driveway side) has zero windows.  We can hear someone drive up, but can't see who it is...now I can pull out my phone, and see who is there!

As far as new features, I agree, we NEED a way of recording with/without motion detection.  I'm glad I can view my cameras on my iPhone, but would love to know if something happened, I could do a play-back.  Not to mention, since this app is running my camera, I can't use my other app to record.

chuckster

• View Profile
New Features
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 03:00:01 PM »
This app is so fabulous that I hate to ask for more.  Getting sound on the iPhone was a great addition.  Of course, running the app on the iPhone does burn through the battery (still great for a quick check is what you surely intended).  Sound on the icamweb site would be great.  I say that with no idea of what might be involved.

What is your next big app?  A mobile video-phone app?  Sending video and audio live from my iPhone to other iPhones or to iCamWeb? 

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 10:11:10 PM »
Thanks everyone for your suggestions in this thread.  Keep them coming, we're definitely reading them :)

chuckster - Our next app is iVid, an app for streaming videos stored on your computer to your iPhone.  The iVid page is here: http://skjm.com/ivid/

There's not much on the page now, but there'll be more info once the app is released.  It's been submitted to Apple and is waiting on their approval.

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 08:54:54 AM »
•The ability to use multiple USB camera on one Mac.

•How about for iPhone Software version 3.0, a push notification to let you know there is motion on a cam. On the notification there would be a button to launch the cam.

•Also, how about having iCamSource in OS X run in the menubar instead of a full app in the dock?

•Maybe the app could have scheduling, say "Turn on camera a 8am, turn off at 6pm Mon-Fri" So people who worry about being on camera can automatically have it on/off when they are home/not home. Or if it is possible, when a user is idle for a specified amount of time, the app starts broadcasting.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:24:04 AM by Dean »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 12:51:11 PM »
Dean- Many users have had success viewing two cameras on the same computer by running two instances of iCamSource.  To do that on a Mac, you'll need to make a copy of the iCamSource application.  First, run the original iCamSource and pick the first camera.  Then run the copy of iCamSource and pick the second camera.  Make sure that both instances of iCamSource have the exact same login and password entered.

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 06:26:49 PM »
Thanks Jay, though it's not really something that's actually working for me right now.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 09:50:38 PM »
Dean- Yeah, I saw the other discussion you're having about it after I posted in this thread.