Author Topic: Motion Tracking only when away?  (Read 2775 times)

pr0fess0r

• View Profile
Motion Tracking only when away?
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »
Hi
Is there a way to only enable motion tracking when I'm not at my Mac, i.e. after a certain period of inactivity?

Cheers

Lucas

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Motion Tracking only when away?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »
The 2.0 BETA of the iCamSource does allow you to schedule when you want to enable or disable the recording of motion events or the sending of push notifications: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=958.0

Coguar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 03:12:31 AM »
Finaly  ;D ;D ;D

drm0223

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 09:02:17 PM »
The 2.0 BETA of the iCamSource does allow you to schedule when you want to enable or disable the recording of motion events or the sending of push notifications: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=958.0

I'm using the iCamSource 2.0.3 Beta on my MacPro.  I see how to Enable iCamSource on a schedule.  I don't see how to disable it (other than coming home and stopping it!)  Can I put a stop as well as a start time?  If so, how?  Thanks for a great product!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 07:51:09 AM »
The best way to think of the Schedule items is this: "On this day, at this time, set the Send Push Notifications and Record Motion Events checkboxes to this state"

For example: If you want to turn Push Notifications on every day at 8 am and off at 5 pm but Record Motion Events all the time, create one item for Every Day at 8 am that has both checkboxes ON and another item for Every Day at 5 pm that has the Record Motion Events checkbox ON and the Send Push Notifications checkbox OFF.

If you wanted to turn the Recording of Motion Events off as well, you just need to uncheck the appropriate checkbox in the second schedule item.

Hopefully that makes sense. :)