Author Topic: push not working  (Read 5059 times)

UmarAllAroundYou

• View Profile
push not working
« on: August 25, 2010, 02:53:33 AM »
I set up icam with my webcam except I am not getting a text on my iphone anytime the camera senses motion. How do I fix this?

theboyk

• View Profile
Re: push not working
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 09:50:03 AM »
Same here.
Been testing iCam for a few hours, it's capturing tons of motion events (150+ now) but I've received zero notification that motion has been detected. Since this is an important part of this purpose of this app (for me, as I'm using it as part of our home security system), I'd really appreciated one of the devs assisting with this issue?
Regards,
Kristin.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:54:18 AM »
If you are not receiving push notifications when motion is detected make sure that they are enabled in your iPhone's Settings > Notifications screen for both iCam and your iPhone.

Also make sure that you are able to connect to your iCamSource using iCam (this is what registers iCam for Push Notifications with our server) and that the Send Push Notifications checkbox is checked in the iCamSource Preferences window.

We have received scattered reports in the past about users not being able to receive Push Notifications when their iPhones were jailbroken, but I am not sure if that is still an issue or not:

http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=379.0
http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=567.0

You can also try changing your iCam Login and Password in both iCam and the iCamSource to see if that has any effect.

If you are still unable to receive notifications when motion is detected please visit http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail what it says your external IP address is to support@skjm.com so that we can attempt to look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs to see if your iPhone is properly registering for notifications.

UmarAllAroundYou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »
well when theres motion on the camera, the application on the computer gives me this message:

Please Note : Sending Push Notifications on Motion Detection has been turned off as there is currently no "Push on Motion" iCam associated with this account.

After this message, it automatically unchecks the "send push notifications" box

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 03:33:17 PM »
@UmarAllAroundYou  - theboyk got things working by restarting their iPhone ... Maybe that will also work for you? You might also re-download iCam from the iTunes App Store to see if that has any effect. (You won't be charged a second time if you use the same iTunes account as before.)

UmarAllAroundYou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »
I tried restarting the phone and reinstalling the app but neither worked.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 08:12:53 PM »
UmarAllAroundYou - If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

jamesbe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 07:32:32 AM »
Hi I'm having the same problem.

I have the latest software on my laptop and the latest icam on my iphone and ipad.  When I click the box to notify and then an event happens it gives me the exact error:
Please Note : Sending Push Notifications on Motion Detection has been turned off as there is currently no "Push on Motion" iCam associated with this account.

and then unchecks the box.  Note: to get it working I didn't the registry fix which I then opened up ports 12000 to 12100 on my laptop.

I then tried again on my macbook and I get the same push notification error.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 11:04:01 AM »
jamesbe - If you have tried all of the suggestions above you can also e-mail us your IP address and we can look into it.

jamesbe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 01:15:30 PM »
mail sent.

How does this send messages anyways if the app is closed on my iphone?  It doesn't seem to run in the background at all.  I'm running an iPhone4

jamesbe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »
Maybe I figured it out?  I didn't test it yet but I didn't know you could zoom in on the 4 images on the iPhone and there  you can turn it on.  Perhaps it was not on there!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »
I was able to find your IP address in the server logs, and it looks like the reason you are not receiving push notifications is because you are running a version of iCam that wasn't downloaded from the Apple App Store.

Push notifications only work for the version of iCam downloaded directly from the App Store.

Push Notifications are a background service for iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads running iOS 3.0 or later: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3576

They were Apple's response to initial requests for some kind of multi-tasking capability.

jamesbe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »
I thought I did  ???  I'll redownload it then!  :-\